PDA

View Full Version : You Can't Do that on Television on the Surreal Life

rhodiecub
June 9th, 2005, 08:54 PM
Wouldn't it be cool if they did a show kind of like the Surreal Life with YCDOTV characters from different ears of the show and have them all live together for a month in a big house together. It would be interesting to see how they'd get along or clash and just see what would happen

Cheapshot Jones
June 9th, 2005, 11:05 PM
Wouldn't it be cool if they did a show kind of like the Surreal Life with YCDOTV characters from different ears of the show and have them all live together for a month in a big house together. It would be interesting to see how they'd get along or clash and just see what would happen

Actually, it could be somewhat interesting, but considering (as mentioned in other threads) how limited the mass appeal for YCDTOTV reruns, exactly what is going to be the audience for your suggestion??

The fans on this site may be enthusiastic, but it's hardly a blockbuster demographic that's going to make advertisers or producers drop their golf clubs and pay attention.

I think sometimes the fan base for this show gets tunnel vision and forgets why a show like this is considered a "cult classic": because there's a small cult of followers who are really into it, and then a general public for whom this show is totally off the radar screen--much less the idea that this particular program's cast could be subdivided into "generations", the clash between which providing one of the major premises for your reality program idea.

As far as "cultish" popular-cultural phenomena go, there are much bigger "cults" than this one. The Brady Bunch, and the Rocky Horror Picture Show, for starters...

avaitor
June 19th, 2005, 12:52 PM
well,if peter brady could be on the surreal life,what about lisa?

Cheapshot Jones
June 19th, 2005, 10:28 PM
well,if peter brady could be on the surreal life,what about lisa?

Maybe on City TV or Much Music. Not on ABC or Fox.

avaitor
July 13th, 2005, 02:29 PM
they shuld at least do a all access about it,or put it in i love the 80's.

RadamusPrime
February 10th, 2009, 12:58 AM
Im in on this one. Im just posting 4 years late. I'd watch it! But, I think the show should be tweaked a bit. Maybe, they could have past Nickelodeon Stars. Maybe Nickelodeon vs. Disney.