PDA

View Full Version : Free YCDTOTV VHS to anyone in Altanta area

nona5000
November 25th, 2012, 05:19 PM
In the early 90s, I started recording YCDTOTV and other Nickelodeon shows on VHS. I have about 150 VHS tapes. I'm expecting my first child in about 2 months and need to make room for baby. I don't even own a VCR anymore, so I am ready to move on. I would rather give these to a good home than put them in a landfill. If there is anyone in the Atlanta area who would like these tapes, they are free for the taking. Most tapes are not marked, so I can't guarantee what's on each tape, but I know I have the following:

YCDTOTV (1982 - 1990)
Pete and Pete
Fifteen
Welcome Freshman
Hey Dude
Ren and Stimpy
Salute Your Shorts
Don't Just Sit There (I'm pretty sure I have the episode where they interview the YCDTOTV kids)

I'm sure there are other shows, but I can't think of them now.

I really don't want to ship these, so you either need to live in the Atlanta area or be willing to drive to Atlanta to pick them up.

I can hold on to them until this weekend (Dec 1st & 2nd). After that, I'll have to throw them out. :-(

Please let me know if you want them.

Adam 12
November 26th, 2012, 07:55 PM
a few things...

your link in your signature is broken. Geocities closed down a few years ago. I hope you have a mirror somewhere.

If you can't get rid of them, sell them on e-bay as blank tapes. I've been doing this lately, and you can make lots of money for well marked tapes with good stuff on them. One of my old nick shows tapes went for more than $40.

Definately don't throw them away. If you can't find a taker and you don't wish to sell them, donate them to a local goodwill store or mission store. Someone will have a wonderful day buying them.

gameboy2000
November 27th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Or you can have a giveaway like I did with my game show tapes. What you can do is post what is on the tapes and then people can enter by email. The winners can choose what tapes they want and you can have them pay the shipping costs.

nona5000
November 27th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Unfortunately, since I don't own a VCR and the tapes aren't marked, I don't know what's on them. I don't have the time to go through 150 tapes to watch them and let people know what's on them because I'm spending most of my time and energy getting the house ready for the baby.

I wish I had the time to ship them or sell them, but I don't. We're quickly realizing we're running out of room trying to make room for the nursery and room for relatives that are going to want to come over and stay for a few days when the baby arrives.

I figured it was a long shot that someone on the forum would be (1) in the Atlanta area and (2) interested in the tapes, but I figured I would try. :-)

And I know geocities is dead - I'm just lazy. LOL One of these days I'll get around to updating my signature.

Bertie Bott
November 27th, 2012, 07:39 PM
I have a friend who lives in the Atlanta area who may be willing to pick up the tapes (He lives in Marietta). I know there isn't much time, but I would certainly be willing to pay for the tapes to be shipped via UPS. All you would need to do is get the box to the UPS store and they pretty much do the rest. Maybe you could PM me and we can figure out the logistics?

EDIT: I also have another friend in Nashville who is going to try and do everything in his power to drive to Atlanta this weekend if you can hold on to the tapes for him. Please let me know if we can somehow figure something out :)

lonetexan81
November 28th, 2012, 03:31 PM
I dont live in Atlanta. I am in North Texas but would be more than willing to pay you for shipping, handling, and your time for these tapes. I have built an impressive collection of nick shows over the years and would love to own these tapes. Please let me know if you are willing. Thank you.

lonetexan81
November 28th, 2012, 03:32 PM
I dont live in Atlanta. I am in North Texas but would be more than willing to pay you for shipping, handling, and your time for these tapes. I have built an impressive collection of nick shows over the years and would love to own these tapes. Please let me know if you are willing. Thank you.

Adam 12
November 28th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Well, if it comes down to selling and shipping them, I'd gladly take them off your hands as well. If it comes to that, I guess we'll end up in a bidding war...

lonetexan81
November 29th, 2012, 08:36 AM
In the process of planning for being able to make the trip this weekend to pick them up if they are still available. Please comment and let me know if the are still available. I will gladly come pick them up. Thank you.

nona5000
December 1st, 2012, 06:37 PM
Thanks for everyone's interest in the tapes. I found a good home for them today. I'm glad someone else will get to enjoy them as much as I did.

Don't get me wrong - I still love YCDTOTV. It was a huge part of my childhood. I just don't have the time to invest in watching episodes and keeping up with piles of tapes. I'm still keeping my Worst of YCDTOTV tape and my Slimecon DVDs. I couldn't part with everything. :-)