PDA

View Full Version : Which YCDTOTV cast member did you have a crush on?

Moose/Lisa Fan
August 20th, 2005, 06:15 PM
Which cast member of YCDTOTV you had a crush on before? I had a crush on Lisa Ruddy when I was younger, and now...........

Oxford0614
August 20th, 2005, 09:32 PM
Lisa was the one I always had my eye on! I think she was(and still is) a cutie. I was glad to read in the Where Are They Now section that she is doing well.

Oxford

ECupps
August 22nd, 2005, 08:23 AM
This is a pretty creepy thread, however to say which cast member I liked the most was Vanessa...I didn't like girls back then, I was too young, plus they all had COOTIES!!!! Circle, Circle, Dot, Dot.....ha ha ha :lol:

Ok, I am done, Carry on :lol:

rhodiecub
August 22nd, 2005, 05:10 PM
I always had a crush on Christine, she was the hottest YCDTOTV star!

avaitor
August 22nd, 2005, 05:14 PM
vineesa...kidding!! :lol:

thelmatodd
September 8th, 2005, 07:55 PM
Definately Jill Stanley. She was a cutie and her slime scenes were excellent.

slime2005
September 8th, 2005, 10:36 PM
Are you a Thelma Todd fan?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/ourgang1/Thelma1.jpg http://www.prairieghosts.com/toddy1.jpg http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/ourgang1/Thelma2.jpg

Gorgeous!!

Steph_Agnello
September 10th, 2005, 01:29 AM
ive always had a crush on alasdair gillis. wonder what he looks like today? just curious.

ChrisKun2K5
September 12th, 2005, 01:35 PM
MOOSE all the way, with Lisa a close second! Christine had that combination of good looks, star quality, pure and raw talent, and maturity (since she was so much older than the other kids) that made her irresistible. Also, I have an aunt named Kristine (not spelled the same, I know, but pronounced the same), and my own name is Chris... so that was something of a no-brainer. Lisa's chief appeal was her sweet and somewhat flighty nature, and like Christine, she had an incredible natural talent and presence. Looks-wise, she was gorgeous in '85, and in the later '84 episodes as well.
In the early days of the show, I think Sarah West was the cutest girl. And still looking great today, judging from the updated picture of her on the site.
I think Sariya Sharp was the cutest girl in the later years of the show, followed by Jill and then Jennifer Brackenbury (with bangs a la the later '89s and '90s).

From an objective perspective, I think the most crush-worthy of the guys was probably Matthew Godfrey - he was so adorable as the "nerdy know-it-all," and like Jill, pretty much all of his slime scenes (and he got it often in '86) were excellent. Alasdair was best-looking in 1985, I believe - I actually think Chris Bickford was better-looking, but Alasdair was the better actor. I can also see how girls would have fallen for Kevin Kubusheskie during the early years.

thelmatodd
September 15th, 2005, 11:15 PM
Yes...Thelma Todd is the Queen of comedy.

thelmatodd
September 15th, 2005, 11:15 PM
Yes...Thelma Todd is the Queen of comedy.

avaitor
September 16th, 2005, 07:26 AM
isn't this pedophiclic?

PareiDORDia
September 16th, 2005, 09:28 AM
I'd like to state my two cents on this aspect of the show. Please excuse me as my thoughts and points may be disjointed and disordered (it's a message board post--not an English essay).

I don't feel there is anything wrong with any ongoing fascination with certain cast members that any one of us had more of a liking to than others. The topic is about having a "crush" which is an otherwise harmless and distant fantasy likely never to be fulfilled. Most of us were young when the show was on and of the same age group as the cast members when they filmed those episodes and to be recalling those memories years later on web sites like this is fun and reminiscent. Obviously there are a lot of people who feel this way and would not have any reason to bring up 'You Can't Do That...' if there was no internet and no way to reach to other distant show fans.

We've all grown up - fans and cast members - and are mature understanding adults. A lot of us have come together through the SlimeCons (thanks again to the Josh's, Byron, Jim, everyone else I'm forgetting) and the experience(s) were rewarding. To see the cast grown-up and in most cases almost unrecognizable has benefitted many young viewers who dreamt of meeting those involved if not being on the show. As far as that sort of thing goes there isn't much going here that warrants any criminal investigation. Obsessive behaviour might rear its ugly head but that's an individual problem.

So, we have access to old episodes and other than some dated or child-level humour the program still resonates with us. Does that mean staring at certain actors who were pre-teens at the time we realize today might have something irresistable should raise alarm bells? In this case I don't think so because we are all grown up today. You couldn't send fan mail to whoever and expect that same person to reply today for the obvious reason stated above. Since this show has been off the air and no new episodes made in years it seems okay to maintain sone fondness for the show that at one time you were the target audience for. That target audience to this day would be anybody younger than the 1979 cast!

Maybe some people have a fascination with certain cast members because of the times they were slimed or watered? Okay, that may be verging on a different kind of fascination (probably best not dwelled upon on this board). There are other sites dedicated to those deep interests. Yes, let's recognize individuals overall rather than one tiny incident at a certain time in their life.

Cookiegirl
September 17th, 2005, 05:35 AM
I have a crush on Alasdair Gillis and Justin Cammy the most. I don't remember seeing or hearing about the fan club in the teen magine. Does anyone knows if there were any fan clubs for the You Can't Do That On Television Cast Memeber? I wish there was a certain kind of fan clubs for the cast members to write to or join during the the 1980's. That would of been really cool.

BBOvenGuy
September 17th, 2005, 11:32 AM
Alasdair used to get fan mail by the bag-full - more than he had time to read, really, although he did read a good bit of it. He used to call people on the phone sometimes, too.

Cr8tvMnd
September 17th, 2005, 07:39 PM
I had a huge crush on Alasdair. :oops: He was such a cutie!

I've seen a couple recent pictures of him (from SlimeCon 2002/2004) and he's STILL a total cutie! :D

avaitor
September 17th, 2005, 07:43 PM
you still like him now? :lol:

Cr8tvMnd
September 17th, 2005, 11:21 PM
you still like him now? :lol:

hey you're not laughing at me are you?!?! :wink: of course I still like him! he went from adorable as a kid to a total hottie as an adult. gotta love that bald head! :D :wink:

Courtney
September 19th, 2005, 12:09 PM
I've always liked him alot too

Dreamliner65
October 11th, 2005, 10:31 PM
It was Lisa for me, I liked Christine too, but Lisa really was the one I had a crush on.

The cool thing about the show was that these were kids like us. Those two reminded me of gals that would cruise in my hometown, usually in "Daddy's Car" (1975 Impala 4dr)....one would be just bouncing off the walls just full of energy (Lisa) and the other would be mellow, someone you could carry a casual conversation with (Christine). They were basically just kids......That's why we liked them...

BTW ....My ride....1961 Ford Galaxie....was quite fast

nona5000
October 12th, 2005, 01:49 PM
My big crush was Adam Reid. He was dreamy. :wink: It was great to watch the SlimeCon DVDs and see him all grown up and to see what he is like in real life. He's hilarious!

daverg
October 16th, 2005, 12:03 PM
I liked the blonde one in the later episodes with Chris and all them. Also, I liked Vanessas friend in an episdoe where the friend was only on once. She got drenched which was funny.

Moose/Lisa Fan
December 14th, 2005, 05:52 AM
'83 and '84 was when I had my crush on Lisa. Lisa, oh Lisa

rhodiecub
December 14th, 2005, 03:45 PM
I always liked Christine, especially in her last year on the show (man she was hot!!)

Elana
December 16th, 2005, 04:19 AM
I had a HUGE crush on Adam Kalbfleisch. I happened to do a search for him on google just for the heck of it, and look what I found: http://www.bennettjones.ca/Profiles/110576.htm

Still cute! Especially so with the slightly graying hair! :)

Moose/Lisa Fan
December 18th, 2005, 08:16 PM
Moose was pretty cute in '84 too.

Moose/Lisa Fan
March 2nd, 2006, 01:09 AM
Anybody else?

temasongu
March 3rd, 2006, 06:50 AM
Although I never had a crush on her (or anyone else for that matter - I was pretty young), Christine has stuck out in my mind the most whenever I think about the show. And Les too. I never had any natural recollection of Lisa, Doug, Adam, Kevin, or Allisdair; and I very faintly remember Vanessa. Allisdair is a pretty cool guy though and I'm glad I met him. I remember there was such a long line for his autograph at SlimeCon '04.

pete1974
March 4th, 2006, 01:43 AM
Lisa and Vanessa were my two favorites :D

Moose/Lisa Fan
March 4th, 2006, 05:24 AM
Lisa and Vanessa were my two favorites :D

You had a crush on Vanessa?

pete1974
March 4th, 2006, 12:40 PM

The older Vanessa obviously,

What am I, Lester Burnham? :lol:

88survivor
March 5th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Christine

Moose/Lisa Fan
March 7th, 2006, 12:25 AM

The older Vanessa obviously,

What am I, Lester Burnham? :lol:

Oh LHM

pete1974
March 7th, 2006, 12:35 AM
OK, I'll bite,

What does LHM mean?

Moose/Lisa Fan
March 8th, 2006, 12:12 PM
OK, I'll bite,

What does LHM mean?

Lord, have mercy

JillStanley
March 8th, 2006, 08:24 PM
I liked Jill Stanley. Ithink any girl who got slimed was cute.

pete1974
March 8th, 2006, 10:51 PM
Thank you "Moose/lisa fan"

and by the way, for those who are curious, Lester Burnham was Kevin Spacey's pedophile character in "American Beauty"

Dreamliner65
March 8th, 2006, 11:23 PM
I seen pics on the website of Lisa and Christine as they are today....they both STILL look very fine.....and would turn my head still....

Moose/Lisa Fan
March 11th, 2006, 09:10 PM
Lisa looked fine once she got the braces off in '84

FabulousAndThick
March 13th, 2006, 11:42 PM
When I was six, I had a crush on Kevin Kubusheskie. I liked his voice and I loved his hair, the way he seemed to tower over most of the others...

slimeyboy
January 14th, 2007, 08:16 PM
kevin k.
alasdair
kevin w.

milam98
January 19th, 2007, 06:55 PM
When I was 5 and 6, I guess my crush was Lisa Ruddy (I always called Lisa Rudy) or the 1988 Slime-In winner girl. In 1984 and 1985 seasons, Lisa reminded me of Officer Lewis on Robocop. She had her share also of attractive clothes. My favorite was the blue sweater she wore in the detention skit on the Jealousy episode. There are others but I don't wanna list the others because that would be too much to put in. So my crushes were Lisa Ruddy and the 1988 Slime-In winner girl.

Alasdair: Ok, I will remain calm, I am the man of peace, you leadth me down beside the still waters and I'm just fine. (Alasdair gets watered)

orko_81
August 14th, 2007, 03:02 PM
I had a crush on Chris Bickford. I wonder what ever happened to him?