PDA

View Full Version : Do you think you've seen all the episodes when it was on TV?

slime2005
September 12th, 2005, 01:04 PM
Well, excluding the 1981s and Cosmetics since they were played all too rarely before being removed from rotation in 1987... Here's a question that hasn't been asked before. Watching the show from 1988 to the end of reruns on Nick, I believe I've seen all 1982-1990 episodes, at least one time (most of them, like around 4 or 5 times). I don't remember any particular scenes from Sports, but I still think I saw it as much as I watched Nickelodeon back in the day.

TheLockerMonster
September 12th, 2005, 10:09 PM
For some reason, I want to say Cosmetics was one of the most rarely aired episodes of the 82-90's (outside of the Adoption show), but I know that I definitely saw every episode when it was on TV and from 1983-1990, I saw every show when it premiered for the first time :-)

Rob

slime2005
September 12th, 2005, 10:21 PM
Man, you arehttp://www.gamersrevolt.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/old.gif

:P

You saw Transportation, too, right? And Smoking?

avaitor
September 13th, 2005, 07:00 AM
For some reason, I want to say Cosmetics was one of the most rarely aired episodes of the 82-90's (outside of the Adoption show), but I know that I definitely saw every episode when it was on TV and from 1983-1990, I saw every show when it premiered for the first time :-)

Rob

geez,geek much?

avaitor
September 13th, 2005, 07:00 AM

Rob

geez,obsesd much?

Bigzman
September 13th, 2005, 07:29 PM
A child of the 1980's as "old"?! I still look like I just graduated from college myself. :shock:

Shocking yes, coincidence--I don't think so. I attribute it to great family genes. It will serve me well for years to come.

On to the topic at hand,

I think either Vacations or Sports was my first episode I recall watching. As I mentioned in another post, I recall watching every show when I had some time away from doing homework during the years 1982 through '86 and sporadically when I was in high school during 1987. It wasn't until I found this site in 2001 that I caught up a bit on the newer cast from '89-'90 along with some of the favorite shows that were preserved from '79 and '81.

Matt Z.

TheLockerMonster
September 13th, 2005, 11:28 PM
geez,obsesd much?

Dude, you better be thankful I'm "obsesd" because this site wouldn't be what it is without people such as myself who remember all the little details!

Rob

TheLockerMonster
September 13th, 2005, 11:35 PM
Man, you arehttp://www.gamersrevolt.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/old.gif

:P

You saw Transportation, too, right? And Smoking?

I will be 32 on October 11th - hardly old ;-)

My family got cable (Donrey Cablevision - yikes) in early March, 1983 and I discovered Nickelodeon and YCDTOTV about 2-3 weeks into it. The first episode I ever saw any part of was Addictions. At that time, there were only 26 episodes so they were being played 3 shows per week (the weekday shows were repeated on the weekends) in order. I can't remember the first full episode I saw but it was around the time of Television, Heroes, Fair/Unfair. Then they cycled back to 1981 and I saw all of those.

Rob

ECupps
September 14th, 2005, 12:37 AM
I agree Rob, so many people contribute so many little facts! Avaitor, how old are you? What year did you start watching the show? Why do you persitently clog threads? You have way to many posts for someone that has NEVER been to a SlimeCon or EVER contriubutes usefull information to the threads. I don't personally care about how many posts you have had! Why do you chastise people for "obsessing" or liking a show....that is the premise of this entire board! To those that do obsess.....thank you for sharing your intimate stories and information to us fans!! That is why we are all here! To say that the updates aren't playing right, or that you can't view a particular item is just an insult! Be happy that something like this is around! If you are going to be negative and cut on people who enjoy contributing to this board and make useless comments...then I would ask for you to leave.

An open letter to the board:

Please forgive me if I sound rude and brash. However this guy is just a pain. Please accept my apologizes if I am considered to be speaking out of line.

PareiDORDia
September 14th, 2005, 07:29 AM
Avaitor is starting to remind me of Asaaf from the previous board.

Any other suspicions? :wink:

slime2005
September 14th, 2005, 08:06 AM
Who can forget that one guy who completely took over the board several years ago before Josh became the moderator for a while... I forgot his name.

Chris
September 14th, 2005, 09:20 AM
Mark,

That won't happen again :twisted:

I'll never forget getting back from a long road trip and hearing a message from Jim Clarke on my answering machine warning me that some moron was doing bad things on the board.

Chris

Bob Morris
September 14th, 2005, 01:46 PM
Getting back to the topic at hand...

My parents didn't have cable TV, so I usually ended up going over to a friend's house to watch the show. So, no, I didn't see every single episode.

I may be the only one on the board that hasn't seen every episode. :)

pete1974
September 14th, 2005, 07:01 PM
My parents didn't have cable TV, so I usually ended up going over to a friend's house to watch the show. So, no, I didn't see every single episode.

I may be the only one on the board that hasn't seen every episode. :)

Actually Bob, I'm in the same position that you're in so...

(as Bill Clinton) Ah feel your pain :wink:

dumas
September 16th, 2005, 04:43 PM
I didn't saw the adoption episode when YTV re-aired YCDTOTV. Also the 1986 episode "Country's life" with the one-timer MJ Malcolm was rarely re-aired as well.

slime2005
September 16th, 2005, 05:05 PM
I didn't saw the adoption episode when YTV re-aired YCDTOTV. Also the 1986 episode "Country's life" with the one-timer MJ Malcolm was rarely re-aired as well.
Interesting how Country Life was rarely played on YTV. Did you see Divorce on YTV?

I might have seen Adoption, but I'm not sure. If I did, I was three, so that's why I have this really blurry memory of it that might not even be Adoption. What I'm 'remembering' is the 555-KIDS segments.

temasongu
October 25th, 2005, 01:40 AM
Mark,

That won't happen again :twisted:

I'll never forget getting back from a long road trip and hearing a message from Jim Clarke on my answering machine warning me that some moron was doing bad things on the board.

Chris

Whoa. Rather unfortunate that you actually had to be called via phone due to a forum troll. :?