PDA

View Full Version : alanis morrisette 1986 postcard, cast of ycdtotv

kimr12971
October 19th, 2005, 01:26 PM
I am new to the forum, i used to watch this show so much and was a HUGE fan, in fact i belonged to the fan club :D Which is the reason for my post. I am trying to go through my things and i have a postcard that was part of the membership of the fan club, i know it's got to mean something to somebody that collects ycdtotv or alanis morrisette memorbilia. I was thinking of auctioning it of on ebay and was wondering if anyone here know's what that should be worth? Thanks for any help with this. ~Kim

Bob Morris
October 19th, 2005, 02:55 PM
You may want to email Chris Gough to see if he would like a scan of the postcard for the website. I know I'd like to see a scan of the postcard myself. :D

kimr12971
October 19th, 2005, 03:04 PM
That would be my pleasure!! I would be willing to do that, no problem. Not sure how i scan it and launch it to the site but i can email you a scan. Let me know, and thanks for the response!

kimr12971
October 19th, 2005, 05:30 PM
I scanned a copy and emailed it to Chris. maybe he can tell me what it's worth, probably not a whole lot cuz it has a crease in it, but hey, it's 20 years old!!! I was 13 when i got that thing! I am now looking at it and maybe i don't want to part with it, it reminds me of the huge crush i had on alisteir (i know i spelled his name wrong). He was the reason i joined the fan club in the first place!! AAAwww memories :D If you want me to email you a copy of the scan i can do that, just need your addy. ~Kim

Chris
October 20th, 2005, 08:40 AM
Thanks for sending in your scan, Kim!

Actually, the scan is the exact photo that we have in the Photo Gallery of the 1986 cast. These were printed on thin cardboard stock and mailed out to everyone in the fan club, according to Les Lye, who gave the SS members several copies.

Thanks again!

Chris

kimr12971
October 20th, 2005, 09:05 AM
So there are alot of them around then? I know that they were given to everyone in the fan club, but just was not sure if it is a valuable thing to have since the show is a classic and all. I think i will just hold onto it anyways. I thought i might want to part with it, but now that i think about it, i really don't. Thanks for giving me the information on the card :D take care, ~Kim

vestan_pance
October 20th, 2005, 11:40 AM
I'll give you 25 cents for it.....lol j/k, Maybe in another twenty years, it will be worth more.
Honestly I haven't seen that many YCDTOTV items on ebay. If you decide to put it up good luck, you can always set a reserve price on it or pull it off if it 's not getting enough bids for you.

kimr12971
October 20th, 2005, 12:45 PM
sold........to the gentleman for $.25........J/K. Yeah maybe in another 20 years it will be worth $.50 by then......lol!! Thanks for responding and helping me out, i appreciate it. Take care, ~Kim

Bob Morris
October 20th, 2005, 03:46 PM
Looks like we got our answers, Kim, didn't we. :D

But thanks for sharing what you have with everyone else. Always good to hear from other fans of the show who have interesting things to share.