PDA

View Full Version : So which episode is it?

Carstairs38
January 4th, 2006, 02:48 PM
I have the old Worst of YCDTOTV tape from '89, and there is a scene in there that just killed me. It involved Moose and Ross arguing back and forth about whether the kids on the show made up their own lines. As the shots are going back and forth between them, you see they are holding up cue cards for each other.

Now, I always assumed that was from the television episode. But I just finished watching it, and it wasn't there. Anyone know what show it was really from?

slime2005
January 4th, 2006, 03:16 PM
Work (1981)

Carstairs38
January 4th, 2006, 06:13 PM
Thanks. Missed that one when the virtual theater aired it.

Chase
January 4th, 2006, 06:15 PM
It's also from the version before Nick started whittling them down further for commercials, for the version I have on VCD doesn't have that scene :cry:

slime2005
January 4th, 2006, 09:58 PM
Yep, I should have mentioned that. It's the "uncut" version before Nickelodeon took a few skits out for ads in around late 1983.

Ric
January 5th, 2006, 10:42 AM
I actually edited that scene back into the episode when we streamed it here.

Carstairs38
January 5th, 2006, 01:07 PM
That scene is one of their best ever. Now I need to pull that tape out of my collection, wherever it wound up, and see it again.

slime2005
January 5th, 2006, 01:41 PM
It would be awesome if Nickelodeon began the DVD set with 1981, all unedited.

TheLockerMonster
January 5th, 2006, 11:34 PM
That scene is one of their best ever. Now I need to pull that tape out of my collection, wherever it wound up, and see it again.

I am in complete agreement. This is easily one of my all time top 10 favorite scenes. It was actually when I discovered this scene absent back in 1983 that I realized some editing had occurred. I had my proof in the next episode "Transportation" when Christine's slime scene was no longer there...

Rob

slime2005
January 6th, 2006, 12:34 AM
So you actually saw Transportation twice? I heard that was probably the least played episode ever and VERY few people ever saw it.

LastoftheGypsies
January 6th, 2006, 07:38 AM
Just out of curiosity, what other scenes were cut from Transportation, Rob? Do you remember?

TheLockerMonster
January 6th, 2006, 07:05 PM
Just out of curiosity, what other scenes were cut from Transportation, Rob? Do you remember?

Wow that's a toughie... because the only episode that I believe is out there in the trading circle is the one that we got from the UK, that episode is the entire original version (sans jokes because apparently the guy we got the episode from didn't care for the jokes or roving camera segments).

Since I haven't seen the edited Nick version in such a long time, I honestly have no idea what else got cut out.

And yes, I saw Transportation quite a few times in the early years :-) It's a great episode -

Rob