PDA

View Full Version : Attempting To Recreate YCDTOTV Sets, Please Help!

filthyrich
January 26th, 2006, 07:29 PM
Hey all,
I'm in the planning stages of working up some YCDTOTV-themed scenes for the comedy vids that I shoot... and I need some assistance in trying to make the sets look "right." For example... The main link set would just be a set with a carpeted riser and a green screen behind it, with the original background superimposed after the fact.
So here's what I'm shooting for in terms of set pieces as well as wardrobe... Any and all help would be appreciated!!

--Ross' red vest and headset. Where would you buy a headset like that anyway?? And I suspect I could find a similar red vest on eBay or a second-hand store, if someone could point me in the right direction....

--Christine's long-sleeved white shirt w/red, blue, and yellow stripes.... The one she wore on several eps in Season 2. If I can find a shirt similar to this one... coupled with an actress with dark, curly hair.... I think the effect will really be vintage YCDTOTV. We'll probably keep the rest of the wardrobe modern, tho... Just to make it easier.

--I can't seem to find any place to buy a riser second-hand, not even on eBay.... Just something elevated about a foot off the ground to get the same feel as the link set. (Obviously the carpeting won't be exact.) Do schools ever sell off their old furniture?

--Ditto for a school desk, although I'm hoping that will be easier to track down.

--Finally.... Does the SlimeCom DVD have shots of the various empty YCDTOTV sets? Those would be INVALUABLE for working with green screen. Otherwise I'll have to scan the original episodes for brief glimpses of empty sets.

I'm already hunting on my own... but I figured if ANY people in the world could track down these items (esp. the wardrobe), it would be the die-hard YCDTOTV fans! So any help would be most appreciated!

All the best,
Rich

ECupps
January 29th, 2006, 11:41 AM
Heres a tip for a riser..... make it out of 2x6's and plywood, then carpet it yourself.....paying someone to make that would be a waste of money. The TV station that I work at, we built our own risers and paid someone to carpet them....saves alot of money.

filthyrich
January 29th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Heres a tip for a riser..... make it out of 2x6's and plywood, then carpet it yourself.....paying someone to make that would be a waste of money. The TV station that I work at, we built our own risers and paid someone to carpet them....saves alot of money.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. Do you reinforce the inside area?

ECupps
January 30th, 2006, 03:19 PM
Of course! You dont want your riser to move, make noise or wobble when you are in production....make sure that thing is solid!! Dont skimp on the cheap wood either....go with the good stuff.....you will be glad you did.