PDA

View Full Version : NickClassics.com

Chris
April 4th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Has anyone ever purchased DVDs from this site? I was curious what the quality of all their bootlegged shows were.

Chris

slime2005
April 4th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Aww, they're commercial free. :(

slime2005
April 4th, 2007, 04:54 PM
I'm curious about this too. Too many of my Hey Dude copies have poor sound and I want to better copies.

They have all of My Brother and Me episodes here! Wow. And Kenan and Kel. That's impressive. I wouldn't get the Are You Afraid DVDs because official season sets are out in Canada and you can order them.

I was slimed
April 10th, 2007, 01:16 PM
I have Alex Mack, and the quality is great from what I can tell. Season 3 of Are You Afraid of the Dark comes out in Canada this month. I have seasons 1 and 2, which are probably the best two seasons.

Cat61782
November 11th, 2007, 02:54 PM
I ordered the YCDTOTV set from nickclassics.com it should be here on Tuesay and I'll let you know what I think. It's supposed to have 134 episodes so I hope it's good.:)

slime2005
November 11th, 2007, 03:57 PM
The way I hear it, the quality is awful on the YCDTOTV set. 11 years worth of the series on 12 DVDs is not so good.

Cat61782
November 14th, 2007, 03:05 PM
I got my set yesterday and while the quality isn't the best all of the episodes are watchable. I didn't buy the set expecting perfect DVDs,because is clearly states on nickclassics.com that the Eps are copied from VHS tapes to DVD. The people that make these sets usually don't have the equipment to restore them to original condition. For shows like the Twilight Zone for instace the distributors got the original negatives and restored them and that's why those sets look so good. Just something to tide me over with anyway until the official releases come out.

slimeyboy
November 14th, 2007, 06:07 PM
the episodes didnt need to be restored before they were put on this set.. 8-hour vhs quality was 10X better than 8-hour DVD quality.. the problem is it's just not enough discs..

Cat61782
November 16th, 2007, 02:47 PM
I can see your point there. It would have been much better to put about 7 or 8 30 min. episodes per disc instead of 11 or 12 on one disc. I just wish I had made my own tapes so I could convert them to DVD myself. Oh,Well

slime2005
November 16th, 2007, 07:33 PM
There really needs to be trading here again as there were before. Now that we use DVD recorders instead of VCRs like the days when I was trading, imagine all the good quality episodes that would be passed around.

deniselovesjerry
March 3rd, 2008, 05:08 PM
my mom ordered my set for me for xmas and i still didnt get it. i have no number to call and nickclassic website is down any suggestions

wrmSLIME
April 7th, 2008, 12:55 AM
my mom ordered my set for me for xmas and i still didnt get it. i have no number to call and nickclassic website is down any suggestions
Your best bet is http://www.barthsburgery.com/