PDA

View Full Version : It's taking a lot of guts on my part to post this...

LastoftheGypsies
May 30th, 2005, 10:17 AM

slime2005
May 30th, 2005, 01:32 PM
Eh, I wish to forget all about the past involving some of the negatives of collecting from long ago. Thanks. :)

It's kind of hard to know exactly what to say, since you seem to make it a habit of coming and going and not knowing what you want to do. But what I can say is you were never a fan the same way most (if not all) of us are, and now that you've disassociated yourself from YCDTOTV, it's best you forget about the past here. It's not important to have to write anything about it. Loving a TV show is never *that* serious. It's a pasttime.

listening to them on my headphones at full blast (I attribute this to the slight loss of hearing Iíve experienced in the years since).

That really scares me, especially since my favorite singer happens to sing a lot of high notes with her dynamic voice and loud music. :|

LastoftheGypsies
May 30th, 2005, 02:59 PM
The reason I wrote about it was because it had been such a part of my life. It was one of a million obsessions I've gone through, but this was one of the most involving. As I said in the article, it's hard to let go of something you obsess about for so long, and I've learned from experience that flat out shutting off contact with the board doesn't work, but cooling it a little does. I post here because I'm familiar with the people, and because I'm very familiar with the show. The main negatives I experienced were the whole "79ers" thing, and the stresses of trading in general. I don't do that anymore, so I can now finally enjoy the show for what it was.

And as you may have read in my other thread on this board, of late I've been trying to get a lot of this repressed crap out of my system. Thus the writing of the articles (this and the Bipolar one I linked elsewhere are the beginning of a series, I hope), which has, in fact, helped.

Allister
May 31st, 2005, 01:22 PM
Thank you, LOTG, for sending _me_ the pilot & the 79's. They've brought me much joy.

LastoftheGypsies
June 4th, 2005, 08:49 PM
I'm glad they did. And I'm glad I sent them to you, and to everyone else I sent them to. Somebody had to break the ice on the whole 79ers nonsense.

Bob Morris
June 5th, 2005, 11:17 AM
Honestly, I can relate to you about what you wrote. Plenty of people end up with an obssession in life, the hardest part is kicking it. But once you do, you feel better about yourself.

I had the same experience with sports trading cards for a long time. I still collect them, but I'm nowhere near as obssessed with them as I once was. And honestly, now that I'm no longer obssessed with them, I find myself enjoying what I have more.

JBY529
June 22nd, 2005, 12:35 AM
Thanks for uh, including me.

LastoftheGypsies
June 22nd, 2005, 10:06 AM
You weren't the negative part. The negative aspect was how I dealt with everything and everyone, including you. In fact, if it's any consolation, you kept me sane for a long time, in spite of everything.

JBY529
June 22nd, 2005, 01:58 PM
Thanks. I have a new email address and IM now by the way. I managed to log in to my old AOL mail one last time before I canceled it and saw you had written. Send me an email, blank or whatever, just so I can get your address, to jyawn@slimecon2004.com and I'll reply with my new contact info. I'd rather not post it on the board.

Josh