This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hilarious House of Frightenstein

Does anyone remember this show? I think it was produced by the same studio as YCDTOTV with a very similar show format. Started in 1971 (perhaps a little ancient) but ran for years on Saturday mornings, then on scattered uhf stations. I grew up on Long Island, NY and my brother and I would get up at like 5 am and use practically a whole roll of aluminum foil to pick up a uhf station from Jersey to watch this and another classic... Uncle Floyd. Anyone else have a recollection of these shows?

Originally posted by star242 View Post
    Does anyone remember this show? I think it was produced by the same studio as YCDTOTV with a very similar show format. Started in 1971 (perhaps a little ancient) but ran for years on Saturday mornings, then on scattered uhf stations. I grew up on Long Island, NY and my brother and I would get up at like 5 am and use practically a whole roll of aluminum foil to pick up a uhf station from Jersey to watch this and another classic... Uncle Floyd. Anyone else have a recollection of these shows?
    Radamus, this show 'Uncle Floyd' is where Count Floyd got his name.
    Can green slime be a different color?

Comment

I don't remember hilarious house of frightenstein. But I do remember some guy that dressed like Count Dracula. He may have been from Second City?<<I don't know. He was from some comedy group with Rick Moranis. The Canadian SNL. We should ask CountFloyd. He is on this site, too.
      "Multiple personality? They haven't got ANY personality on this show. Oh!"

Comment

Second City?

Comment

My ID of "Count Floyd" as well as my pic is in reference to the Count Floyd from SCTV (aka Second City Television). SCTV was a satirical sketch comedy show produced in Canada (primarily Toronto and Edmonton) from 1976-1984. Joe Flaherty played Count Floyd.
          Last edited by Count Floyd; February 18, 2009, 10:20 PM. Reason: adding more info

Comment

What is satirical?

Comment

Originally posted by star242 View Post
              Does anyone remember this show? I think it was produced by the same studio as YCDTOTV with a very similar show format. Started in 1971 (perhaps a little ancient) but ran for years on Saturday mornings, then on scattered uhf stations.
              I enjoyed (and still enjoy) Hilarious House of Frightenstein. It was produced in Hamilton, Ontario. It starred the truly incredible Billy Van, who protrayed nine characters on the show. Some episodes are currently available on DVD.

Comment

Working...
              X