Slime In Winners & Nick Bumpers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark,

Pretty cool that you have some of those on tape. Do you have the capability to take screencaps from the tapes to post here? I'm sure I along with others would love to see them!

Comment

Screencaps? That first one is probably his cousin, or something! I will say excellent job photoshopping her into the link set with Moose, though. The 1989 one he could have grabbed from YouTube, and the other is from the clip they used in all the Universal Studios ads, which I will now believe was done specifically for said Universal Studios ads.

Really, please, somebody prove me wrong about all this.

(Just so we're clear: chetongueek, but I would still very much like to be proven wrong.)
      Last edited by John Lasher; September 10th, 2010, 08:50 AM. Reason: parenthetical

Comment

wasn't even born then. I don't feel quite as old now.

Comment

Originally posted by CappieGuy View Post
          The first batch of 1984 episodes aired in June?? Wow that summer, fall, and winter must be filled with new episodes all of a sudden. (I started watching in 1986)
          The first 13 1984 episodes aired throughout the summer of 1984. Unlike other seasons, they did not air new episodes every day. Courage was the first episode they aired on the Monday, but the second episode, which was Friends, aired either Wednesday or Thursday. It was all completely random and they forced you to watch every day to see if it would be a new episode.

The second 13 aired beginning in January 1985 (along with a new season of Mr. Wizard's World) and was treated the same way. They aired a new episode once or twice a week through the spring.
          Rob Homa
          Slime Society "Info Dude" since 1995!

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisInMI View Post
            Loved seeing Moose in that evening gown. Looks to me like the same off-the-shoulder gown Abby Hagyard used in the "Creme de Peanut" fake commercial in the '82 season (which episode was that?).
            It was Cosmetics. Creme de Peanut was the first, and to this day my favorite, of the fake commercials.
            Rob Homa

Comment

The doubters can now consider themselves happily proven wrong

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeGUkT2ALhM

Now assuming they didn't do a slime-in for 1988 (would they do one when the show wasn't running?), there's 5 total. This makes 4 out of 5. If someone can find and post the last one, well we've got the full set, don't we?

Our mission is clear.
              Last edited by exhegemon; September 30th, 2010, 02:44 PM.

Comment

They definately DID do a slime-in in 1988. I've seen it before even. i'd love to see it again though.

Edit: Wasn't the second one on the youtube vid, with a very tall Adam and a rather bustier than usual Vanessa, the one from 1988?
                Last edited by Adam 12; October 1st, 2010, 03:04 AM.

Comment

The 1984 clip was great - haven't seen that in years! Did you edit it down or is that all you have of the clip? There was probably another 10-20 seconds in front of Ashley's introduction.
                  Rob Homa

Comment

Great clips of slime in winners.

Comment

Jennifer (the third girl on the video) was the 1988 winner, I think. That was a lot sloppier than I remember - a TRIPLE sliming! I wonder if that was taped in late 1988 because you can briefly see some of the '89 cast there (I recognized Jennifer, Christian, Chris and Carlos) with her, and according to what I read somewhere the '89 episodes started taping at CJOH in November of '88.

Also the first clip from '84... what a find. That was pretty chunky slime they used on Ashley though. Had to laugh when I heard her say "I don't know" in her North Carolina southern drawl. And Christine really DID look good in that gown.

Comment

So, the ones that didn't really happen were 1986 with MK Kasden, and 1990 with Justin Luke (which I believe didn't happen in front of the then-newly-constructed slime geyser at Nickelodeon Studios, Orlando).

The Slime Light Sweepstakes on YTV also never happened.

Comment

Please don't post the same thing over and over when you post.

Comment

The middle one was the best along with the last one.

Comment

has anyone found the clip of the slime in promo where christine is covered in slime and talking about how you can enter to be the "next victim of the green slime" ? I'd really like to see that.

Comment

slime all the girls.

Comment

Working...
                                X