• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhegemon
    replied
    The doubters can now consider themselves happily proven wrong

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeGUkT2ALhM

Now assuming they didn't do a slime-in for 1988 (would they do one when the show wasn't running?), there's 5 total. This makes 4 out of 5. If someone can find and post the last one, well we've got the full set, don't we?

Our mission is clear.
    Last edited by exhegemon; September 30, 2010, 02:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TheLockerMonster
    replied
    Originally posted by ChrisInMI View Post
    Loved seeing Moose in that evening gown. Looks to me like the same off-the-shoulder gown Abby Hagyard used in the "Creme de Peanut" fake commercial in the '82 season (which episode was that?).
    It was Cosmetics. Creme de Peanut was the first, and to this day my favorite, of the fake commercials.

Leave a comment:

• TheLockerMonster
    replied
    Originally posted by CappieGuy View Post
    The first batch of 1984 episodes aired in June?? Wow that summer, fall, and winter must be filled with new episodes all of a sudden. (I started watching in 1986)
    The first 13 1984 episodes aired throughout the summer of 1984. Unlike other seasons, they did not air new episodes every day. Courage was the first episode they aired on the Monday, but the second episode, which was Friends, aired either Wednesday or Thursday. It was all completely random and they forced you to watch every day to see if it would be a new episode.

The second 13 aired beginning in January 1985 (along with a new season of Mr. Wizard's World) and was treated the same way. They aired a new episode once or twice a week through the spring.

Leave a comment:

• angelababy
    replied
    wasn't even born then. I don't feel quite as old now.

Leave a comment:

• John Lasher
    replied
    Screencaps? That first one is probably his cousin, or something! I will say excellent job photoshopping her into the link set with Moose, though. The 1989 one he could have grabbed from YouTube, and the other is from the clip they used in all the Universal Studios ads, which I will now believe was done specifically for said Universal Studios ads.

Really, please, somebody prove me wrong about all this.

(Just so we're clear: chetongueek, but I would still very much like to be proven wrong.)
    Last edited by John Lasher; September 10, 2010, 08:50 AM. Reason: parenthetical

Leave a comment:

• Bertie Bott
    replied
    Mark,

Pretty cool that you have some of those on tape. Do you have the capability to take screencaps from the tapes to post here? I'm sure I along with others would love to see them!

Leave a comment:

• slime2005
    replied
    Originally posted by John Lasher View Post
    I think there's some kind of conspiracy here. Every time someone crops up on this board claiming to have video from the slime in winners, that's the last we ever hear from them.

I doubt the video of these even exists... matter of fact, I'm beginning think they never even happened (apart from the 1989 one). Someone prove me wrong... video is the only proof I will accept.
    LOL. The guy posted screencaps earlier in the thread.

Unless someone else has the technology to give you visual proof, I guess you'll keep believing it never happened. I have the 1987, 1989, and 1990 winners on tape. I also have a commercial for the Nickelodeon network that includes a brief 2 second clip of the first slime in where Christine says, "and the grand prize winner IS!..."

I'd love to see the first one, and I haven't seen the full thing of this one since it was shown originally: http://i.imgur.com/5KgEO.png. That was 1988, right? Didn't they have a 1988 Slime In? I have a very blurry memory of seeing the whole thing. They used that slime clip for those Universal Studios commercials.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisInMI
    replied
    Loved seeing Moose in that evening gown. Looks to me like the same off-the-shoulder gown Abby Hagyard used in the "Creme de Peanut" fake commercial in the '82 season (which episode was that?).

The second winner posted, IIRC, was the 1988 winner and her name was Jennifer something. I vaguely remember watching the video of her sliming on Nick back in the day - Les, as Ross, told her to read the cue card, and she said "I don't know" ("Yeah you do!" retorted Ross) and was slimed. I think she may even have gotten a second sliming if memory serves. Nickelodeon used clips from that sliming in promos for several years afterward, including one commercial for Nickelodeon Studios in Orlando - never mind that YCDTOTV was never made there.

Sorry John, that wasn't intended as "proof" and I wish I had video of this but I don't.

Leave a comment:

• John Lasher
    replied
    I think there's some kind of conspiracy here. Every time someone crops up on this board claiming to have video from the slime in winners, that's the last we ever hear from them.

I doubt the video of these even exists... matter of fact, I'm beginning think they never even happened (apart from the 1989 one). Someone prove me wrong... video is the only proof I will accept.

Leave a comment:

• CappieGuy
    replied
    The first batch of 1984 episodes aired in June?? Wow that summer, fall, and winter must be filled with new episodes all of a sudden. (I started watching in 1986)

Leave a comment:

• TheLockerMonster
    replied
    Originally posted by ugotslimed View Post
    what is with so many girls winning the slime in contest? I would think girls would NOT want to be slimed.
    And I really wanna see that first one-what was with the dark link set? And the wine glass in the girls hand? Someone post that video please.
    The dark link set was due to the fact that they treated announcing the winner like an awards show. Christine was in an evening gown and Ross was dressed in a tuxedo as they announced the first winner. I believe they announced the winner in either April or May as it was before June when the first batch of 1984 episodes began airing. The announcement aired a fair number of times on Nick during the regular run of YCDTOTV, which was still only airing 3 days during the week at the time.

Rob

Leave a comment:

• Bob Morris
    replied
    If I remember correctly, winners were chosen through a random drawing, so it just happened to be that some the first winners were girls.

Leave a comment:

• SlimeMixer
    replied
    Originally posted by JillStanley View Post
    I would love to see those slime in contest videos. Please post video of each of them if you can.
    The 1989 Slime-In winner video is up on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrZ_a1tLXCU

I found that one just by dumb luck!

Leave a comment:

• crusher willis
    replied
    Originally posted by ugotslimed View Post
    what is with so many girls winning the slime in contest? I would think girls would NOT want to be slimed.
    my guess is the girls just wanted to meet alasdair & co. and considered getting slimed as the price they had to pay..

Leave a comment:

• Styxfan1985
    replied
    Hey everyone, I'm new here, I've been a visitor for a long time to this website, and I felt it was time to join the forum and say hi.

As a long time fan of YCDTOTV, I would definitely like to see these videos, the last one is already on Youtube, but the other two aren't on there at all.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X