Vanessa hosting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarcD View Post
    If you're saying they are the best of friends, then obviously I was seeing things that aren't there. It happens, thanks for the correction.
    In New York, it was pretty clear that they hadn't seen each other in a while, but they were happy to catch up.
    Robert A. Black, YCDTOTV writer 1985-86
    http://www.rablack.com

Ah yes... very tricky, those Argentinians...

Comment

If I were running things - and with the benefit of hindsight! - I would have done the following with the hosting duties:

Start of show-1985 - Christine McGlade
      85-86 - Alasdair Gillis
      87-88 - Vanessa Lindores (in my world there would have been a 1988 season!)
      89-90 - Chris Bickford
      1991-? - Amy Stanley becomes the youngest YCDTOTV host ever!

...what do you think?

Comment

After Christine I think I would have done it by committee after watching the later episodes on youtube to me it's like the only thing the host had to do was say hi and welcome to another episode of you can't do that on television. I just didn't see it as a really important part of the show in the later episodes especially.
        Last edited by pantherfan96; March 10, 2015, 07:40 PM.

Comment

No way would Nick have consented to a 9 year old host in 1991. It would have been Jennifer Brackenbury or Stephanie Bauder.

Comment

Originally posted by Molly Dolly View Post
            No way would Nick have consented to a 9 year old host in 1991. It would have been Jennifer Brackenbury or Stephanie Bauder.
            Probably. Nice choices, btw. I agree.

Comment

So let's say 89-91 Bickford then 92-93 Jennifer Brackenbury.

However, at the age Amy was she had more talent than most of the cast who were double her age.

I think she would have eventually been host, maybe even "the new Christine".

Comment

Christine to 1985 doesn't work given we've criticised her for staying too long/producers unable to imagine it without her. She should have left in '82 or '83.

Comment

Is this "our" Natalie Salat? http://www.classmates.com/people/Nat...lat/7333469206

Comment

Originally posted by Molly Dolly View Post
                    She did study in Ottawa in 1986 but she was at Regina when the YCDTOTV episode she supposed to star "Rules and Regulations" aired in 1983. Maybe she was there when they produced the episode during summer holidays?

Comment

Working...
                    X