Ruth Buzzi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruth Buzzi

I wonder why Ruth Buzzi, who appeared in the YCDTOTV spin-off "Whatever turns you on", didn't returned for the 1981 YCDTOTV season?

Probably wasn't in the budget. You saw how they had to cut out a lot of the '79 kids for WTYO. They couldn't afford to keep all of them (or most). Ruth Buzzi was expensive to have, as far as I know.

Comment

Originally posted by dumas View Post
      I wonder why Ruth Buzzi, who appeared in the YCDTOTV spin-off "Whatever turns you on", didn't returned for the 1981 YCDTOTV season?
      I'm also willing to bet Ruth had simply moved on to other things after WTYO bombed. I think the whole point of getting Ruth for WTYO was that it was going to be a national show and they wanted a big-name star to convince CTV to go ahead with it. The 1981 season was originally CJOH-only. FWIW, I think Christine did a pretty good job tackling some of the adult female roles until Abby Hagyard came along.

But if Ruth had come back... imagine how much better the already-stellar 1981 season could have been...

Comment

Digby Wolfe, an Emmy award-winning writer producer George Schlatter helped development "see," laughs Martin milestone sleep late 1960s, became a sensational play that night she died. He was 82 Wolf, who later became a teacher.
        KSJDV

Comment

Working...
        X