This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adoption Episode

I just watched the banned adoption episode – I can see why Nick executives were concerned about airing it. I’m curious, though – from the episode guide, it sounds like many of the Nick executives didn’t want to air it to begin with. How much of the show’s banning was because of actual controversy, and how much was just because Nick was afraid of possible controversy?

Two other things I noticed – they were clearly aware of the controversial nature of the show – Vanessa and Adam say something about this when Vanessa introduces the show.

My copy appears to have been recorded when it was aired on Nick – it has part of Nicks commercial break in it – but I only obtained it recently, so I don’t know when they were taped. Anyway, in the skit near the end, when Senator Prevert is trying to send Adam back to the orphanage, he does say “Damn Bureaucrat” – it’s not bleeped.

Any thoughts?

Your copy is from Nick, it did in fact air on it, but only once or twice. The actual controversy was at a minimum, Geoff Darby didn't know the show had aired at all until Slimecon2002, so that says where the executives stood on the issue.
    "Without a song or dance, what are we? So I say 'Thank you for the music', for giving it to me...."

Comment

If it's the copy I think it is - it was the original recording of the first time it aired. To my knowledge it aired twice - back in 1987, Nick didn't have two feeds for the Eastern and Pacific time zones, so the show aired in the afternoon and again in the evening (or in California, early afternoon and mid afternoon). After the one day of airings, that was it. It didn't air again.

Rob
      Rob Homa
      Slime Society "Info Dude" since 1995!

Comment

you have it?i want it,i want it,i want it!!!!!!!

Comment

Adoption Episode

I was searching the web and noticed that htere are some interesating items for sale on E bay regarding YCDTOTV. Included in the items is an Adoption Script. Check it out.
          Mr. Agent

Comment

Interesting - not only Adoption but UFO Kidnapped.

I don't think I'd be willing to pay $75 for something I can't even see a cover page on for authentication, though... wonder who would have such a thing and would be posting it for sale?

Rob
            Rob Homa
            Slime Society "Info Dude" since 1995!

Comment

That's what I was thinking...
              Mark

Comment

The Scripts are authentic. I know this because i am the one who posted the ad. They were hand delivered to me by Les Lye.
                Mr. Agent

Comment

Authentic or not, those autographs had better be delivered by dancing and singing carrier pigeons with miniature hats before I even consider paying $15.00 to have an 8x10 shipped from Canada.

Comment

Oh well.
                    Mr. Agent

Comment

Working...
                    X