Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did YCDTOTV ever use extras in thier sketches?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A. Nonymous
    replied
    I see this thread is 2 years old but...thanks for the trivia tidbits, Bob! I taped most of the '85 season as a kid, and had wondered about the "Zilch replacement" in that Romance episode skit. Wouldn't have guessed it was one of the writers. Too funny!

Leave a comment:

• BBOvenGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by dumas
    I wondered if "the good looking guy working at Barth's" was a experiment to bring a new assistant for Barth to fit the void left by Daryl Lucas (Zilch)?
    Well, when I wrote the script originally, I just used one of the regular kids - Adam Kalbfleisch, I think. But Roger didn't like that because we weren't supposed to have any of the characters express an interest in any of the other characters (a policy that went out the window when Alanis came along). Either Roger or Josh Morris changed the script so that it just said, "A good looking guy is working at Barth's," but when we got to the read-through, they realized that nobody had gone and hired an extra for the job. I was sitting in the room, so they decided I was close enough.

And there was a bit of confusion with Francois (wardrobe) and Liz (makeup) over it, because initially they thought I was supposed to be done up in Zilch-fashion. Roger and Brenda had to straighten them out.

The other bit of trivia about that sketch is that as Lisa is pining away over me, she's already wearing my blue windbreaker.

Oh, and speaking of Francois, his turn to be an extra came in the "Movies" episode - in the firing squad sketch where a soldier hands El Capitano a note pardoning Alasdair, and then it turns out that was just a scene for "You Can't Do That On Television - The Movie." Francois played the soldier who ran in with the note.

Leave a comment:

• dumas
    replied
    Originally posted by BBOvenGuy
    Oh yes, they used extras from time to time - including me on a couple of occasions. Most notably, I was the "good looking guy working at Barth's" in one of the Romance & Dating sketches. Lisa wanted Doug (as Cupid) to shoot me, but he hit Barth instead.
    I wondered if "the good looking guy working at Barth's" was a experiment to bring a new assistant for Barth to fit the void left by Daryl Lucas (Zilch)?

Leave a comment:

• BBOvenGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by slime2005
    You were the "good looking guy" in Romance? Coulda fooled me. :P
    Yes, well it does require a certain willing suspension of disbelief...

Originally posted by TheLockerMonster
    I believe Christine's real life older brother and sister were in the 1982 Cosmetics episode as well. Her sister in the detention scene after Christine used "Fountain of Youth" and her brother in the doctor's office after swallowing the cosmetics.
    Her younger sister, yes. The same one that was in "Revenge." If I remember correctly, I think her name is Lisa.

Leave a comment:

• slime2005
    replied
    Oh yes, they used extras from time to time - including me on a couple of occasions. Most notably, I was the "good looking guy working at Barth's" in one of the Romance & Dating sketches. Lisa wanted Doug (as Cupid) to shoot me, but he hit Barth instead.
    You were the "good looking guy" in Romance? Coulda fooled me. :P

Leave a comment:

• TheLockerMonster
    replied
    Yes, that was Christine's younger sister. Her brother was in that sketch as well. Sometimes Roger's kids would fill out the classroom or school bus sketches, too.
    I believe Christine's real life older brother and sister were in the 1982 Cosmetics episode as well. Her sister in the detention scene after Christine used "Fountain of Youth" and her brother in the doctor's office after swallowing the cosmetics.

Rob

Leave a comment:

• BBOvenGuy
    replied

For movie theatre sketches, they'd grab whoever was in the studio and have them fill out the background seats. I made it into a few of those, too. There's one opposite sketch from "Movies," where the kids realize they're in an X-rated movie - as they're all hurrying out, you can hear Alasdair say, "Look at the sickos!" That was directed right at me. :P

Originally posted by Motormoose24
    There's one who looks like Christine behind the real Christine towards the end of "Revenge".
    Yes, that was Christine's younger sister. Her brother was in that sketch as well. Sometimes Roger's kids would fill out the classroom or school bus sketches, too.

Leave a comment:

• rhodiecub
    replied
    I also noticed extras in the classroom scenes and the Snakeyes/school bus scenes in the later part of the 86 season and in the 1987 episodes. There was usuallly a girl who wore a yellow shirt who resembled Alanis and the other kid in the school bus scene looked a lot like Adam Reid. Those are the ones I most notably noticed.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Agent
    replied
    Yes they did on accaision use extras. In the last season of YCDTOTV they used one of Les's Grandsons in some of the bus scenes.

Leave a comment:

• rhodiecub
    replied
    Originally posted by Motormoose24
    There's one who looks like Christine behinf the real Christine towards the end of "Revenge".
    Which sketch was this?

Leave a comment:

• Motormoose24
    replied
    There's one who looks like Christine behinf the real Christine towards the end of "Revenge".

Leave a comment:

• rhodiecub
    started a topic Did YCDTOTV ever use extras in thier sketches?

Did YCDTOTV ever use extras in thier sketches?

Were there extras used on YCDTOTV? I always noticed in the 86-87 season there was a girl used in the classroom sketches yet she didn't any lines and I think there was a boy in the school bus scenes as well. Just curious to know whether there were extras used.
Working...
X