This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by motormouth84 View Post
    I kinda wonder....what does the 'senator' in Senator Prevert mean????
    It means he was a Senator. From the FAQ:

WHY WAS THE SLOBBISH DAD, MR. PREVERT, A SENATOR?
    Contempt for politicians crosses all borders, but in Canada, where the show was made, Lance Prevert being a Senator has a special meaning. The Canadian Senate, unlike its United States counterpart, has virtually no power and is appointed by the government, not elected. Therefore, Senate seats are given by the party in power to its longest-serving cronies, and the stereotypical Canadian senator is a lewd, slobbish party politician who is years past his prime and whose Senate attendance record is shaky to say the least. Except for the age, this description fits Lance Prevert like a glove.

Comment

Me too!

I have to go for, Ross. I thought of him as pretty down to Earth; and he was the adult mindset of the kids. You know, selfish, but not without charm. Also, I think he had a good relationship with the kids. I liked when the credits rolled. You could see, Ross interacting with the kids. At times, his playful manner seemed to be the real him. Would the real, Les, PLEASE STAND UP.
      "Multiple personality? They haven't got ANY personality on this show. Oh!"

Comment

Barth, he's funny!
        Can green slime be a different color?

Comment

My favorite Les Lye moment

So far, my favorite Les Lye moment comes from an episode I'll have to find out later. It was during the end credits. He took his clip board and hit Alisdair on butt. -- Also, I liked it when he was playing an Executive on the 2nd episode of the first season. The repeating storyline of the sketch with him and the Bathroom. It was like totally pre-Sienfeld.--I also like it when he popped out unexpectedly of a locker during the Locker Jokes.
          Last edited by RadamusPrime; March 8th, 2009, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Did he coming out the lockers surprise you?

Comment

Go pleasant surprises

Comment

Originally posted by RadamusPrime
                I wrote POOPING vs. Popping.
                That is all down the toilet now though

Comment

And the Les Lye Characters are...

Barth
                  [SIZE="3"]Senator Prevert[/SIZE

Comment

Barth and the Senator

My number one fave character of Les's was Barth with the Senator close behind. There was just something about Barth, despite his outward appearance that made him so darned enduring to me. I loved his line when one of the kids 'died' at the table and he goes to (I think it was Adam sitting next) "Wanna get his wallet?" I'm wondering if he ad-libbed at all because some of it seemed way more clever then most of the script to me.
                    "I heard that!"

Comment

Favorite Character

It would have to be Senator Prevert, without a doubt! He was the funniest character on the show. I didn't know he was a senator. I just knew his name was "Lance". That "dugh-ahh", always cracked me up every time. I think the funniest scene was with Doug, and the cereal. The one with all of the action sounds. That sticks out as one of the funniest moments on the show.
                      The Slime Maker

Comment

Working...
                      X