Thread: Is it possible to convert my vhs camcoder i

Default Is it possible to convert my vhs camcoder i

I hv panasonic video camera in which video is recorded & stored on VHS tape(small video casette)inserted in camera.Now i have to copy all the data from vhs to cd which is very lengthy process & i feel that the quality of the video gets suffered.Is there any attachment or anything which can be attached to my video camera & store videos either on cd,dvd or sd cards?

Natural Detox
    Last edited by albertdisuza; October 20th, 2010 at 04:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by albertdisuza View Post
    I hv panasonic video camera in which video is recorded & stored on VHS tape(small video casette)inserted in camera.Now i have to copy all the data from vhs to cd which is very lengthy process & i feel that the quality of the video gets suffered.Is there any attachment or anything which can be attached to my video camera & store videos either on cd,dvd or sd cards?
    i don't know about any attachments for video cameras, but i've never had any quality loss transferring vhs to dvd the 'old fashioned' way.. just make sure the dvd-recorder is set to record on XP mode (1 hour per disc) or SP mode (2 hours per disc) to preserve the quality..

Quote Originally Posted by albertdisuza View Post
    If you're talking about the VHS-C format, there is an adapter that can make your tapes playable in a standard VCR, that way you won't have to worry about hooking up your camcorder up to it. And yeah, if you're really serious about quality, I would highly suggest a DVD recorder and then just record your video at either XP (1-hour) or SP (2-hour) mode. Hope this helps.