Thread: What is your favorite part of Ottawa?

Waiter at Barth's Barth's Burgery ECupps's Avatar

Default What is your favorite part of Ottawa?

Greetings fellow Slime Admirers! I was just remembering the great time I had at SC04 and I was curious to know what the fellow SlimeCon attendees thought about Ottawa. What was your favorite part of the city (Besides SlimeCon)? I am planning on going back to Ottawa this late summer. I hope to read some great insight!
    Ohh Yeah.....This is the good stuff!

Things I liked about Ottawa...

#1. Downtown near Parliament is exquisite. It is probably the neatest downtown I've ever seen, with Chicago running neck-in-neck.

#2. I liked the Sparks St. Mall. There's all sorts of local restaurants, bistros, and gift shops.

#3. If you get a chance, take a Haunted Walk of Ottawa tour. It was a blast. You get a good walk around downtown, it's at night so you get a different view of the city, and you learn a lot about the history of the town. Plus, you get some good ghost stories too

Home Audience Fan

Default What Is Your Favorite Part Of Ottawa?

I would've been happy to have taken in everything to do with SlimeCon, alas I still had time to see the Parliament Buildings and stroll around that area. (Yes, the Sparks Street Mall is definitely quaint; I'm sure seasoned tourists would have more to say than I have).

One place I did fancy is Birdman Sound - a record shop on Bank Street, a block south of the 417. For those who like punk, post-rock/experiment, noise, electronic, folk, and maybe hip-hop and country - all the styles that are cool because they fly below the mainstream radar I'd come back and stop by there again. Pretty small shop but from what I saw there it seemed that one side had the CDs but if you're a vinyl afficianado you could turn 180 degrees and the 7/10/12" would be immediately on the other side. I'm sure most of you know of a way cooler record store in your town but if you're in Ottawa I'd suggest flying over to Birdman.
    The whole experience for me was a very enlargening one because I came to know and feel--understood a whole kind of world that was really new and alien to me, and I always had a certain feeling... because of the events that happened here.
    - Truman Capote

I didn't really go anyway outside of the Convention and the motel I stayed in. Still, the entire place seemed very nice. When I think of "down"towns I think of horrible slimeholes of violence and disapair, but that wasn't Ottawa, it's a very beautiful and spacious place.

Waiter at Barth's Barth's Burgery ECupps's Avatar

Less than 60 Days till I drag my wonderful girlfriend to Ottawa to share the beauty of Canada and YCDTOTV! We plan to stop at Harveys and the Dairy Queen after dropping by the CJOH studios...for a quick glance of TV history! I am still looking for some great insight on Ottawa. I would love to hear all about it! TAKE Care and Happy Canada Day to all of the wonderful YCDTOTV Canadaian Fans!!!!
    Ohh Yeah.....This is the good stuff!

Default Please

Hi there. I think you got some of this wrong. But on the other hand there are a few things you acctually convinced me with. Can you add more to that?

Never been to Ottawa but after seeing YCDTOTV, I've always wanted to go (with the hope of running into one of the cast).

well Ottawa is way too big of a city for me. I would rather spend my days in Moosejaw, and I am not talking about Christine. ahhahah. they should put the con in other cities like Regina or Orlando. well at least orlando.. home of the slime and TNA
    Last edited by rrsaga; June 5th, 2007 at 08:38 AM. Reason: picture