Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: They're coming back unlike ever seen before

Blog Entries

Default They're coming back unlike ever seen before

Dreams are really an opposite skit to our reality.

Dreams are sometimes hazy and don’t always tell you the truth. Sometimes you need to discover the meanings in reality before they turn into a bad locker joke.

Young Amyas
    Hey Stephanie…

Young Stephanie
    Yes, Amyas...

Young Amyas
    What will you do when you grow up?

Young Stephanie
    Besides being married to Matthew?

Young Amyas
    My brother? Ewww!
    I mean I want to join the secret service.

Young Stephanie
    We don't have secret service, Amyas.

Young Amyas
    Well, OUR version of a secret task force then.
    Common you're ruining the joke.

Young Teddy
    Hey Stephanie.

Young Stephanie
    Teddy? What are you doing here? It’s not your turn…

Young Teddy
    What will you do when you grow up?

Young Stephanie
    Amyas just asked me that….

Young Amyas & Teddy
    Then it must be important, so answer us.

Young Stephanie
    I'd probably be the top of my game, juggling a fantastic marriage, great kids and being successful at whatever career I choose to take...

Young Amyas & Teddy
    HAHA... You Can't Do That... You're a Girl!

Young Stephanie / Adult Stephanie
    Oh Teddy Bear & Kissmyass / it's time for you two to grow up

Young Amyas
    You mean, wake up and smell the coffee.

Young Teddy
    sipping on a coffee
    MMmmm… Mom’s favorite blend…

Adult Stephanie
    Mom’s favorite blend? sniff sniff
    Mmm coffeeeeee...

Stephanie wakes up to see Matthew removing hair from her vision and wafting coffee aromas her way.

Matthew
    You're going to be late, Steph! Smell the coffee. Let’s see those eyes... ya, that's it!

Stephanie
    Sits up in bed in a state of shock almost knocking the coffee all over Matt
    Ohhhh Matt… Mom’s coming to visit!

Matthew
    sits behind Stephanie and takes her into his arms.
    Steph, Steph, Steph… I love you… It’s just a nightmare!

DING DONG

Stephanie and Matthew
    both look shocked

Between 1979 and 1994, YCDTOTV has made history by impacting lives of millions worldwide. Millions of viewers that grew up and had families of their own and let me remind you of that 25 year span… in some families that’s three generations. Eeek!
    Here's a shocker! We grew up and had children too. We are the original stars from the classic Canadian Children’s Cult, You Can’t Do That on Television and we’ll be returning to production in a new dysfunctional family sitcom.

Starring
    Stephanie Bauder as Stephanie Quirke
    Matthew Godfrey as Matthew Quirke
    and Abby Hagyard as "Valerie"

WARNING: Intended for the Original Viewing Audience…

Wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by MarcD View Post
    Wtf?
    I think what "Creator" was talking about is that an Ottawa production company CTSF has been formed with many of the original cast and crew of You Can't Do That on Television.
    And they are COMING BACK like never seen before! But not the Sketch Comedy, an actual family sitcom about "Where are they now?"

Made for today's families, reminding parents of yesteryears and showing, Life goes on beyond YCDT.

He just put up a deleted dream sequence act. I'm not sure if it was to tease, make interest or just make people go WT...?

I'm an executive assistant for CTSF Partners, I drive, Secure, get paperwork, coffee, etc...
    BillyD (Creator) who is also the Executive Producer/Creator
    Stephanie Bauder (Partner of CTSF),
    Matthew Godfrey (Partner at CTSF)
    Abby Hagyard (Who also is a creator and also Partner at CTSF)
    David Winning (Director)
    Curtis Crawford (Producer)
    Carole Hay (Casting)

Blog Entries

Thanks John...

YCDT original child stars are back as ADULTS to play in a new Family Sitcom (like Hot in Cleveland, First Family)
    You asked, "Where are they now?"

We heard you many times and for the fans we are coming back!

I don't get it-so that script you have posted-where it says "young Amyas" "Young Stephanie" etc-is that footage of them from the old show or new actors playing them as kids?
    And is this whole coffee sketch thing going to be on the show or what is it for?
    or is this whole thing some kind of hoax?
    Quote Originally Posted by Creator View Post
    Thanks John...

YCDT original child stars are back as ADULTS to play in a new Family Sitcom (like Hot in Cleveland, First Family)
    You asked, "Where are they now?"

We heard you many times and for the fans we are coming back!

If there is a new show or something coming, how about dropping the confusing rigamarole and just start explaining it in an ordinary way.

Because I have been tuning out all the junk you have been posting; it's rubbed me the wrong way to that extent. Stop trying to be clever and just tell us what's going on, or point us to a web page where we can read about it minus the dime-store hucksterism.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MarcD View Post
    If there is a new show or something coming, how about dropping the confusing rigamarole and just start explaining it in an ordinary way.

Because I have been tuning out all the junk you have been posting; it's rubbed me the wrong way to that extent. Stop trying to be clever and just tell us what's going on, or point us to a web page where we can read about it minus the dime-store hucksterism.
    (Please understand, I say this with a smile and in good humour)

I'm tied up when it comes to talking about the script, subjects/issues and even the basis.
    This is all I can tell you right now... and probably pushing it.

The original stars of the FAMED YCDTOTV have agreed and will be starring in a new sitcom.
    We are not a sketch comedy like the original, we in fact have a semi-fictional story that intertwines the lives and actions of these young cast members who grew up and had families. EACH returning CAST member has a story that intertwines with the MAIN CHARACTERS. Any returning cast member plays them self, we will NEVER have anyone "Substituted" While cast are being secured, the storyline is forever changing.

No NICK... our humour is more for older teens and Adults then Children.

THERE IS NO BARTH... is that what you want to hear? No Les Lye role will ever be used except for ONE in loving memory of Les. He can never be replaced.

I can't tell you character names yet. Just that Matthew and Stephanie are playing themselves from the CULT TV show. Their real lives have been intertwined into a fictional story that will answer WHAT IF and WHAT HAPPENED and WHERE ARE THEY NOW?

Why was my story was taken instead of the others including pitching producers and past cast members?
    I had the privilege that most fans would have loved to have. I grew up at CJOH, from the age of 9 to 18, I spent most of it watching from behind the scenes. The news, many local shows and YCDT. Watching everything "LIVE". Something only Les, Price, Darby and some main crew had seen. Something, Abby loved, aided in creating, and telling my story, the investors, producers, directors, and starring cast etc...

Many of you will like the story while others will not. Our target audience is between 13 - 19 and 25 - 45 (plus hopefully all ages of fans) I seen many versions of scenes that only ONE was chosen. Plus, I had the most interesting factual yet fictional story to tell, appealing to what people want to know in a "Once Upon a Time" twist.

WHY POST HERE?
    I like this site and the memories it brought back. a couple of years ago I watched CJOH burn then last winter I watched CJOH being torn down along with a great childhood spent there. Now I look over an empty lot that awaits a new shopping centre.

So there, that's all I can say... for now.
    Now again, re-read the cut DREAM SEQUENCE in the original post...

Seriously now, not smiling. This is not only to MarcD but everyone.

If you feel "rubbed" (love the choice of words) the wrong way or you don't agree by what I wrote,
    all I can say is I can't make everyone happy.
    I would love to, I never said I was going to...

The thing is don't insult someone, Cause one can affect the many.
    I don't have to post anything, never ever posting photos of production or behind the scene videos, or anything with cast or crew... deny anyone the right to take behind the scenes and keep it all a secret... just be a hog and keep my memories to myself.

I would prefer if I can share... I like to share,
    I'll just use the ignore feature.

For anyone who is wondering, I was talking with Stephanie Bauder on Twitter and she did seem to confirm that something is in the works. Very tight-lipped about it though.
    Last edited by MarcD; November 26th, 2012 at 11:00 AM.

I'm so very excited. I've been hoping for something like this for years now.

Coin Slot Cleaner Blip's Arkaid

In checking Stephanie Bauder's Twitter feed, she did drop a remark on Nov. 18 that may catch your attention.

Creator did link to her Twitter feed elsewhere, but for those who missed it, here it is: https://twitter.com/S_Bauder

Scroll down a bit and you'll see the remark I'm referring to.
    Bob Morris
    Head writer #3 - You Still Can't