Thread: Nickelodeon removing episodes from rotation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Nickelodeon removing episodes from rotation

When the 1981s and Cosmetics episodes got removed from Nickelodeon's schedule in 1987, was it before or after the 5 1987 episodes aired?

Slime Mixer Link Set

Quote Originally Posted by gamefan91 View Post
    When the 1981s and Cosmetics episodes got removed from Nickelodeon's schedule in 1987, was it before or after the 5 1987 episodes aired?
    I am pretty certain that it was well after the 5 87' episodes premiered, which premiered in the spring of 1987. Nickelodeon removed the 1981 eps and the Cosmetics episode towards the end of 1987. I believe the last 1981 episode aired was the Smoking episode on Halloween 1987. I think the Cosmetics last aired on Thanksgiving of 1987, although I could have sworn that I saw it one last time in early 1988.
    Last edited by rhodiecub; April 20th, 2013 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rhodiecub View Post
    I am pretty certain that it was well after the 5 87' episodes premiered, which premiered in the spring of 1987. Nickelodeon removed the 1981 eps and the Cosmetics episode towards the end of 1987. I believe the last 1981 episode aired was the Smoking episode on Halloween 1987. I think the Cosmetics last aired on Thanksgiving of 1987, although I could have sworn that I saw it one last time in early 1988.
    What are the airdates for those? And the 1981's got pulled after Halloween 87 and Cosmetics got pulled after Thanksgiving 87, so you are correct.

Slime Mixer Link Set

Thanksgiving was on November 26th in 1987 for the Cosmetics episode. The Smoking episode was played on a Saturday night at 7pm. Normally nickelodeon repeated the same episode shown at 4pm which on that day was the Halloween episode but instead Nick showed the Smoking episode. That was the last 1981 episode shown on Nickelodeon.

Quote Originally Posted by rhodiecub View Post
    Thanksgiving was on November 26th in 1987 for the Cosmetics episode. The Smoking episode was played on a Saturday night at 7pm. Normally nickelodeon repeated the same episode shown at 4pm which on that day was the Halloween episode but instead Nick showed the Smoking episode. That was the last 1981 episode shown on Nickelodeon.
    I knew that Thanksgiving was 11/26 in 1987 and Halloween was a Saturday in 1987 too. I knew all about that situation.