Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vanessa hosting?

Waiter at Barth's Barth's Burgery

Quote Originally Posted by Molly Dolly View Post
    It's an interesting thought... how to make the worst possible episode of YCDTOTV?
    It would star Natalie Salat and Chantal Tremblay as main characters, have the Dentist instead of the Doctor, have that gay kid that played Ross's nephew...
    Throw Carlos and Pat Mills in every sketch just the two of them pretty awful!

Change Attendant Blip's Arkaid

Quote Originally Posted by MarcD View Post
    I think Vanessa should have been host with Doug as a "second banana" type like Ted was for Chris Bickford.
    I agree, just like Lisa and sometimes Kevin Kubusheskie was the "second banada" of Christine.

Btw, I wonder if Alanis Morissette had stayed a bit longer on YCDTOTV, would she had hosted some episodes as well?

Quote Originally Posted by dumas View Post
    Btw, I wonder if Alanis Morissette had stayed a bit longer on YCDTOTV, would she had hosted some episodes as well?
    I don't know...she would have been an interesting choice, but ultimately I don't think she had the right personality to be host.

Other intriguing choices in my opinion would have been:

Matthew Godfrey
    Adam Reid
    Marjorie Silcoff
    Amy Stanley
    Jen Brackenbury

...but I still think Vanessa and Alasdair got robbed of their chances to be host (Van) or solo host (Alasdair).

Blame Christine staying on too long. By the time she finally left, most of the "classic" cast were too old to have their chance before they too had to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Molly Dolly View Post
    Blame Christine staying on too long. By the time she finally left, most of the "classic" cast were too old to have their chance before they too had to leave.
    I do blame Christine. But I blame the producers more for deciding that Moose was so irrepaceable that she had to stick around until she was 21 years old and beyond.

I wonder if this is why Alasdair seemed cool toward Christine at SlimeCon. Lingering resentment?

I wonder if this is why Alasdair seemed cool toward Christine at SlimeCon. Lingering resentment?
    I wasn't at SlimeCon, but I can assure you there would have been no resentment to linger. I was there when Christine was 21 and still hosting, and Alasdair didn't resent it at all.

And there was no resentment between them when we were all in New York at the 92Y a year and a half ago, either.
    Robert A. Black, YCDTOTV writer 1985-86
    http://www.rablack.com

Ah yes... very tricky, those Argentinians...

Change Attendant Blip's Arkaid

I do blame Christine. But I blame the producers more for deciding that Moose was so irrepaceable that she had to stick around until she was 21 years old and beyond.
    Now then you mention it, I wonder, Christine's younger brother and sister did some camoes in the 1982 "Cosmetics" episode and the producers declined the possibility then they should join the cast but what if the producers had decided to let the green light for Christine's sister and brother? Could Christine might quit earlier to let her sister taking the torch?

And earlier, in 1981 episode "Crime and Vandalism", Christine played a old lady in a opposite sketch with Jono Gebert and Kevin Schenck vandalazing a movie theater? If Abby Hagyard wasn't available to perform Mrs. Prevert, the Librairian, etc.... could Christine semi-retire to take only the female adult roles? Just imagine Moose as Mrs. Prevert or the Librairian.

Red face

now then you mention it, i wonder, christine's younger brother and sister did some camoes in the 1982 "cosmetics" episode and the producers declined the possibility then they should join the cast but what if the producers had decided to let the green light for christine's sister and brother? Could christine might quit earlier to let her sister taking the torch?

And earlier, in 1981 episode "crime and vandalism", christine played a old lady in a opposite sketch with jono gebert and kevin schenck vandalazing a movie theater? If abby hagyard wasn't available to perform mrs. Prevert, the librairian, etc.... Could christine semi-retire to take only the female adult roles? Just imagine moose as mrs. Prevert or the librairian.
    You guys on here remind me of this Saturday night live sketch https://screen.yahoo.com/mr-belveder...000000384.html
    Last edited by pantherfan96; March 6th, 2015 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
    I wasn't at SlimeCon, but I can assure you there would have been no resentment to linger. I was there when Christine was 21 and still hosting, and Alasdair didn't resent it at all.

And there was no resentment between them when we were all in New York at the 92Y a year and a half ago, either.
    Oh I wasn't at SlimeCon, either. I'm just going by the DVD. Things can seem odd when edited, I was just wildly speculating. If you're saying they are the best of friends, then obviously I was seeing things that aren't there. It happens, thanks for the correction.

And earlier, in 1981 episode "Crime and Vandalism", Christine played a old lady in a opposite sketch with Jono Gebert and Kevin Schenck vandalazing a movie theater? If Abby Hagyard wasn't available to perform Mrs. Prevert, the Librairian, etc.... could Christine semi-retire to take only the female adult roles? Just imagine Moose as Mrs. Prevert or the Librairian.
    That's actually a very intriguing idea. Personally, I would have rather seen her transition to this kind of role, instead of continuing on as host at such an advanced age. Obviously, those in charge thought differently.
    Last edited by MarcD; March 6th, 2015 at 07:41 PM.

Red face

This forum is better than any ycdotv episode!