Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Behind the Scenes" videos by Robert Black

Default "Behind the Scenes" videos by Robert Black

I watched the "Parties" (1986) episode again a couple of days ago (checking something for another thread) and I happened to pull up the version that had Robert Black's "Behind the Scenes" annotations at the end of the video. I wasn't aware of these before and found them interesting. In what context were they prepared, and are there other episodes with them available?

Oh yes, those! I made them a few years ago, when I transferred all my episodes from videotape to digital. I only posted them to a couple of groups on the USEnet, but as you have seen, some enterprising folks put them up on YouTube.

Coincidentally, I hauled those out again just a couple of weeks ago to watch before my interview for the "It's That Episode" podcast. When I get home (I'm in day-job land at the moment - don't tell on me!) I'll give you a list of how many there are.

Okay, here's the list. Hint: They're all either ones I wrote, ones I worked on or ones I had some kind of association with, which is how I knew the "behind the scenes" info.

Romance & Dating
    Fears, Worries & Anxieties
    Relatives
    Pessimism/Optimism
    Revenge
    Wildlife & Animals
    Outer Space & Space Travel
    Movies
    Fairytales, Myths & Legends
    Pop Music
    Know-It-Alls
    Parties
    Poverty & Unemployment
    Mysteries & Crimes

I have no idea how many of them are on YouTube, but feel free to check.
    Last edited by BBOvenGuy; September 5th, 2013 at 01:17 AM. Reason: Added the list of episodes
    Robert A. Black, YCDTOTV writer 1985-86
    http://www.rablack.com

Ah yes... very tricky, those Argentinians...

Any chance you would be willing to reupload them or somehow transfer them so that others can see ALL of your behind the scenes annotate videos?

Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing these as well. I'm always curious about behind the scenes stuff for the program. Is it possible?

I was thinking it might be time to put them on the USEnet again, especially with the Slimed! book coming out at the end of the month. Do you guys know how to download stuff from there, or has it become a lost art to everyone but internet dinosaurs like me?

Usenet is kind of "out of date" (though I still use IRC every day ) Any reason you'd rather not do YouTube? Would allow for quite a bit of exposure to the Slimed! audience. Are you going to the launch party? Should be lots of fun!

I've already had Viacom get one of my YouTube accounts banned. The argument that I actually wrote the YCDTOTV materials I was posting didn't impress them.

And yes, I will be at the launch party. It's going to be quite an event!

In all honesty, I've never used Usenet. lol As for IRC, years ago I used to use it a lot, but...it's rare now. I've forgotten how to even use it.

Quote Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
    I was thinking it might be time to put them on the USEnet again
    Usenet? Is that thing still there?

That's like the dirty shed out back of the internet house.

I remember arguing which would win, a Star Destroyer or the Enterprise, on some Usenet group back in 1994 (Star Destroyer is the correct answer, btw).

Quote Originally Posted by MarcD View Post
    I remember arguing which would win, a Star Destroyer or the Enterprise, on some Usenet group back in 1994 (Star Destroyer is the correct answer, btw).
    Against which Enterprise?