Thread: Ruth Buzzi

Change Attendant Blip's Arkaid

Default Ruth Buzzi

I wonder why Ruth Buzzi, who appeared in the YCDTOTV spin-off "Whatever turns you on", didn't returned for the 1981 YCDTOTV season?

Probably wasn't in the budget. You saw how they had to cut out a lot of the '79 kids for WTYO. They couldn't afford to keep all of them (or most). Ruth Buzzi was expensive to have, as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by dumas View Post
    I wonder why Ruth Buzzi, who appeared in the YCDTOTV spin-off "Whatever turns you on", didn't returned for the 1981 YCDTOTV season?
    I'm also willing to bet Ruth had simply moved on to other things after WTYO bombed. I think the whole point of getting Ruth for WTYO was that it was going to be a national show and they wanted a big-name star to convince CTV to go ahead with it. The 1981 season was originally CJOH-only. FWIW, I think Christine did a pretty good job tackling some of the adult female roles until Abby Hagyard came along.

But if Ruth had come back... imagine how much better the already-stellar 1981 season could have been...

Digby Wolfe, an Emmy Award-winning comedy writer who helped producer George Schlatter develop "Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In," a landmark TV series that became an overnight sensation in the late 1960s, has died. He was 82. Wolfe, who later became a professor...
    Noise Survey

Digby Wolfe, an Emmy award-winning writer producer George Schlatter helped development "see," laughs Martin milestone sleep late 1960s, became a sensational play that night she died. He was 82 Wolf, who later became a teacher.
    KSJDV