Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lets start a Jennifer Brackenbury fan club

Waiter at Barth's Barth's Burgery

Quote Originally Posted by Molly Dolly View Post
    A lot of Jen B.'s acting is visual and in her reactions, looks and poses.
    Ah they were all the same to me as far as acting goes.

Jen looked quite a bit older after her hairstyle change (dumping the barrette, shortening the hair and bringing out the bangs). By the end of '89 and through the '90 season her voice had also deepened a bit, which made her sound as well as look older. Watch an early '89 ep and then a '90 ep with Jennifer in them, and it's almost hard to tell it's the same person, and not just because of the hairstyle change (which, I wonder if Roger got on her case about that...). Acting-wise, she seemed to really blossom during her time on the show as well. She was very capable as an actress. Shame she apparently stopped acting after YCDTOTV.

I agree Jennifer had some funny reactions to slime and water, including occasional Moose-like "gasps." When you're watching the "Fitness" episode, freeze the video just as the slime hits her - her facial expression is hilarious.

I wonder what she's up to these days, which brings up another thought - it seems like Stephanie and the Stanley sisters are the only cast members from '89-'90 (outside of Les and Abby of course) who have engaged the YCDTOTV fandom in some way, whether through posting on this website or on the Facebook group or through attending conventions. Some of them like Chris, Christian, Patrick and Ted, have either kept acting or are still involved in TV, but haven't really engaged the fandom. On the other hand, the response rate from kids who were on during the "glory years" - Christine, Lisa, Adam R., Kevin K., Alasdair, Doug, Vanessa, Rodney, Brodie, Marjorie, Justin, etc. - has been a lot higher. I wonder why we haven't heard as much from the '89-'90 kids.

A large part of it might be the abuse some of them would have got in the past for daring to not be Moose, Motormouth, Alasdair, et al.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisInMI View Post
    it seems like Stephanie and the Stanley sisters are the only cast members from '89-'90 (outside of Les and Abby of course) who have engaged the YCDTOTV fandom in some way
    Yeah, true. People like Christian Tessier probably think they are "serious actors" now and don't want to be associated with it. Chris Bickford has some mental issues but he was interviewed recently and mentioned YCDTOTV quite a bit.

Someone like "Teddy" Wilson (as he calls himself now), who appears on Space network in Canada as a host really pisses me off. He never mentions or acknowledges his time on YCDTOTV without smarmy comments or smirks. He exemplifies the exact wrong attitude to have regarding his past on the show. It's a joke, it's a laugh, the show was silly, the show was unimportant and somewhat embarassing to him.

I wouldn't even want to meet him in real life.

Waiter at Barth's Barth's Burgery

Quote Originally Posted by MarcD View Post
    Yeah, true. People like Christian Tessier probably think they are "serious actors" now and don't want to be associated with it. Chris Bickford has some mental issues but he was interviewed recently and mentioned YCDTOTV quite a bit.

Someone like "Teddy" Wilson (as he calls himself now), who appears on Space network in Canada as a host really pisses me off. He never mentions or acknowledges his time on YCDTOTV without smarmy comments or smirks. He exemplifies the exact wrong attitude to have regarding his past on the show. It's a joke, it's a laugh, the show was silly, the show was unimportant and somewhat embarassing to him.

I wouldn't even want to meet him in real life.
    You see that a lot with ex child actors.

Ted Wilson talks to me on facebook on occasion about the show. Actually, it's mostly me gushing about how funny I thought he was, but it still gets mentioned...