Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worst things the show ever did?

Default Worst things the show ever did?

Stripping Jono Gebert to his underwear crossed a line, i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Molly Dolly View Post
    Stripping Jono Gebert to his underwear crossed a line, i think.
    Adam Reid had to do the same thing in the "Back to School" episode, when he was complaining to Valerie about his back-to-school outfit and complained about each item of clothing as he took it off. "This sweater makes me look like a girl!" et al. Adam says in "Slimed!" that this scene traumatized him so much that he almost broke down in tears afterward. You'd never know it from watching the scene as he keeps his composure and plays the scene like a true professional.

I'm not sure whether this or forcing the boys to wear dresses was worse.

Some critics at the time thought the slime was cruel and unusual - Gerry Laybourne says in "Slimed!" that one critic of the show rated sliming as being as violent as a decapitation!
    Last edited by ChrisInMI; May 16th, 2014 at 03:32 PM.

The green slime was, I think, supposed to be the worst thing that could happen to you on the show. And the kids actually hated it, so that was ultimately the worst. I think doing it to the girls was worse than the boys, making the boys wear dresses the boys probably hated more, but you just know sliming the girls was their least favorite thing. And they did it to Chrisitne the most and she was a girl! But I also thought that the dungeon and firing squad scenes were pretty (implied) violent and humiliating. Probably the worst thing ( but because bad things happening to kids was the point of show it is one of the best scenes) was Vanessa getting slimed in the dungeon in Technology. Here you had a helpless girl getting-not only thrown in a dungeon-but then green slimed on top of that! Plus the sadistic taunting that Nasti gives her about how much he is going to enjoy doing it is especially mean. I still wonder why they chose her for that scene. right after that comes another hugely sadistic moment, when Ross tells christine that they just slimed and SHOT two of her cast mates and Moose GIGGLES!! She loved it! Maybe she did deserve all those green slimings!

Change Attendant Blip's Arkaid

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisInMI View Post
    Adam Reid had to do the same thing in the "Back to School" episode, when he was complaining to Valerie about his back-to-school outfit and complained about each item of clothing as he took it off. "This sweater makes me look like a girl!" et al. Adam says in "Slimed!" that this scene traumatized him so much that he almost broke down in tears afterward. You'd never know it from watching the scene as he keeps his composure and plays the scene like a true professional.
    Alastair goes even a step further being without a underwear in the bathroom at the end of "Home".
    http://youtu.be/gXAkmy3I3P0?t=5m01s
    and he was also without an uderwear in "Censorship" along with Doug at the ending of an opposite sketch. http://youtu.be/Dl2jXfwV4j8?t=10m03s

Did Alastair and Doug felled the same way as Adam in these sketches?

Alasdair also had the scene in "Movies" where he's auditioning for a Tarzan role wearing only a loin cloth. The day we shot it, we were making jokes about how teeny-bopper girls around the country would be passing out at the moment he drops his robe.

Doug also had the "space diaper" scene in "Outer Space" (my episode, although not my gag), and the Cupid costume in "Romance & Dating" (my episode *and* my gag). At the time, he was saying he'd go over to the walk-up Dairy Queen across from the TV station wearing his Cupid costume, but he never did.

Everyone's different growing up. We all have our own things that bother us, and those same things might not bother others.
    Robert A. Black, YCDTOTV writer 1985-86
    http://www.rablack.com

Ah yes... very tricky, those Argentinians...

I was going to mention Adam, since you guys mentioned Jono. How did Jono feel about doing that scene anyway? Has he ever mentioned it?

There should be an interview and everyone should be asked, "What did you feel was the most humiliating scene you did?" I'd love to hear what they'd say. Maybe Kevin Sommers would mention wearing a dress or maybe Kevin Schenks'd say...um....who knows. lol Oh and Kevin K would say....you know what, for Kevin K, he strikes me as the type that wouldn't have been humiliated doing anything. Seriously! That's just how cool he was. I was going to say maybe he and Dougie having to be nude in the fashion trends ep (or whatever it was, from '82, wasn't it?).

Hm, how about the electric chair scenes? That and the firing squad are both so brutal.

I guess for humiliating, probably making the boys wearing dresses and the stripping stuff for Jono and Adam. Oh and Allistair being naked but that was only implied, of course, right? He was in the tub for that scene and he couldn't get out of it because he was supposed to have been naked.

Oh, how about when Christine had nothing to wear but a sign because she couldn't find her clothes or when Tim had to wear a dress because he couldn't find his pants? lol
    Last edited by ssjup81; May 20th, 2014 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dumas View Post
    Alastair goes even a step further being without a underwear in the bathroom at the end of "Home".
    http://youtu.be/gXAkmy3I3P0?t=5m01s
    and he was also without an uderwear in "Censorship" along with Doug at the ending of an opposite sketch. http://youtu.be/Dl2jXfwV4j8?t=10m03s

Did Alastair and Doug felled the same way as Adam in these sketches?
    Good question about Doug, he wasn't interviewed for "Slimed!" so I can't give any insight there. Doug didn't seem like the type who would faze easily though. However, Roger Price did mention in the book a story about a vacation some of the cast members took to Los Angeles where he forced both Doug and Matthew Godfrey to wear a dress in public as punishment for some fight they were having. He even walked them into a dress shop and forced the boys to choose their own dresses. Alasdair didn't mention specifically being as traumatized as Adam for his scenes in his skivvies, but he certainly talked about feeling awkward when having to do those scenes. And in regard to the dress incident mentioned above, he also said if he'd been in Doug or Matthew's position, he would have refused to wear the dress.

Roger also said the dress thing came from when he attended an all-boys boarding school in Switzerland and the headmaster would, again, force the boys to wear a dress - which he described as "an awful 'Heidi' kind of outfit" - as punishment for some wrongdoing. He said that he himself never wore the dress although he'd been ordered to wear it on occasion.

Roger loved it when I put the boys in maid outfits for "Poverty and Unemployment." In my version, Alasdair remained a butler, but Roger changed it and gave him a maid outfit, too.
    Robert A. Black, YCDTOTV writer 1985-86
    http://www.rablack.com

Ah yes... very tricky, those Argentinians...

Quote Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
    the Cupid costume in "Romance & Dating" (my episode *and* my gag).
    Is that where he says he "went IN the diaper"? Or was that when he was dressed as a baby for New Year's? My memory is getting foggy and my YCDOTV eps are not handy. Anyway, that gag always makes me laugh.

Roger loved it when I put the boys in maid outfits for "Poverty and Unemployment." In my version, Alasdair remained a butler, but Roger changed it and gave him a maid outfit, too.
    You had it right. It always bugged me that Alasdair was a maid later. The excuse that Naida fired him because the "real" butler came back or something always seemed weak. I think it works better with most of the cast in the maid outfits (including Vanessa - it wasn't just the boys), and Alasdair in the butler's role bringing Naida water and stuff. It's funnier if he just lucks out and doesn't have to be a maid, at least to my mind.

But Allisdair had nice legs, maybe. lol Joking aside, I thought him as a butler was cooler. Still surprising how Naida was a one-time castmember. I just knew she was around more since she stood out so much in that episode.