Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kids in 89 eps not in the 90 eps

Default Kids in 89 eps not in the 90 eps

Can we say for sure that the kids who appeared in the 89 episodes but not in the 90 episodes were truly "gone" from the show?

Because the 90 season was so short, maybe they just didn't make it to air on those (6?) episodes? Maybe they would have appeared had the 90 season been a full slate?

Does anyone have a list of all the kids who appeared in 89 but not in 90?

Waiter at Barth's Barth's Burgery

Quote Originally Posted by MarcD View Post
    Can we say for sure that the kids who appeared in the 89 episodes but not in the 90 episodes were truly "gone" from the show?

Because the 90 season was so short, maybe they just didn't make it to air on those (6?) episodes? Maybe they would have appeared had the 90 season been a full slate?

Amyas Godfrey was not in the 90 season great observation sir I had to do some research on that! Jordan Aaron, Rekha Shah and Andrea Byrne were not in the 90 season I agree on your question about the 90 season Jennifer Brackenbury only appeared in two episodes that season. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...281989-1990.29

Jordan is the interdimensional zone gaps kid, right? He appeared in some sketches but never on the Link set.

Jordan is the interdimensional zone gaps kid, right? He appeared in some sketches but never on the Link set.
    You are correct sir.

Aside from Amyas, the other kids who were regulars or semi-regulars in 1989 who didn't make it to '90 were Nick Belcourt, Sid Sahay, and Chantal Tremblay.

James Tung, who, like Rekha, appeared in '86, bypassed the '87 season and appeared in '89, also didn't make it to '90.

Apart from that, there were the '89 "one episode wonders" like William Pohoresky, Vicki Essex (the red-haired girl in "Fitness"), and the aforementioned Jordan.
    Last edited by ChrisInMI; April 7th, 2015 at 06:41 PM.

The 1990 season always felt like a uncompleted season so who knows what would have happen if they had done more episodes.

I guess one thing I'm unclear on is at what stage in the 1990 episode production process did they learn that Nickelodeon was canceling the show? If they knew in advance that Nick only wanted five episodes, they probably wanted to make sure that they used the most popular, distinctive or most skilled acting-wise kids for the '90 episodes. Amyas seemed like he was getting a little long in the tooth by then, but Chris was obviously older, but then Chris WAS the host, so who knows? Perhaps if the season had continued longer Nick, Chantal et al. could have returned. I really wish we could somehow get an interview with other '89-'90 cast members besides Abby Hagyard (and Les of course) - there are many things I'm curious about regarding the final two seasons of YCDTOTV.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisInMI View Post
    I guess one thing I'm unclear on is at what stage in the 1990 episode production process did they learn that Nickelodeon was canceling the show? If they knew in advance that Nick only wanted five episodes, they probably wanted to make sure that they used the most popular, distinctive or most skilled acting-wise kids for the '90 episodes. Amyas seemed like he was getting a little long in the tooth by then, but Chris was obviously older, but then Chris WAS the host, so who knows? Perhaps if the season had continued longer Nick, Chantal et al. could have returned. I really wish we could somehow get an interview with other '89-'90 cast members besides Abby Hagyard (and Les of course) - there are many things I'm curious about regarding the final two seasons of YCDTOTV.
    Love to find out that answer as well.

Slime Mixer Link Set

How many more years do you think the show would have lasted if they kept it on past 1990?

It wouldn't have been much longer... it was already being seen as a relic of another age.