Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kids in 89 eps not in the 90 eps

Change Attendant Blip's Arkaid

Quote Originally Posted by Molly Dolly View Post
    It wouldn't have been much longer... it was already being seen as a relic of another age.
    Hard to said, SNL menaged to be not a relic of another age with numerous cast changes over the years from the not ready yet prime time players (James Belushi, Chevy Chase, Bill Murray, Dan Arkloyd) to the bad boys era (Sandler, Farley, Carvey, Myers, Nealon). Maybe YCDTOTV could had found a 2nd breath.

Another thing to consider - Les Lye was almost pushing seventy by the end of YCDTOTV. He'd have wanted to retire pretty soon.

Quote Originally Posted by rhodiecub View Post
    How many more years do you think the show would have lasted if they kept it on past 1990?
    Hard to say...

It wouldn't have been much longer... it was already being seen as a relic of another age.
    You are most likely right.

Quote Originally Posted by dumas View Post
    Hard to said, SNL menaged to be not a relic of another age with numerous cast changes over the years from the not ready yet prime time players (James Belushi, Chevy Chase, Bill Murray, Dan Arkloyd) to the bad boys era (Sandler, Farley, Carvey, Myers, Nealon). Maybe YCDTOTV could had found a 2nd breath.
    True but only if YCDTOTV would have replaced Les and Abby. And they were far more integral to the show than even Belushi and Eddie Murphy were to SNL. Replacing them would have been tough, not even sure if the show would have survived that kind of change.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcD View Post
    Hard to say...

True but only if YCDTOTV would have replaced Les and Abby. And they were far more integral to the show than even Belushi and Eddie Murphy were to SNL. Replacing them would have been tough, not even sure if the show would have survived that kind of change.

YCDTOTV ended at the right time. SNL has become beyond abysmal.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisInMI View Post
    Amyas seemed like he was getting a little long in the tooth by then,
    I didn't think Amyas meshed very well with the 89' cast. He was better in the 86-87 season especially when he played off older brother Matthew.

I didn't like Matthew. Campier than a row of tents.

Quote Originally Posted by rhodiecub View Post
    YCDTOTV ended at the right time. SNL has become beyond abysmal.
    I don't mind SNL, I still watch every week. The show has become very political, though...sometimes at the expense of the comedy. Jay Pharoah and Kate MacKinnon could have been on any era of SNL, though.

That was part of his charm!

I loved Matthew's character. He was fun for me and like how he played off of Vanessa, Doug, Amyas, and Adam.

Waiter at Barth's Barth's Burgery

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by MarcD View Post
    Hard to say...

I have to agree I haven't watched SNL since the early nineties during the Waynes World phase.