Thread: "War" (1984)

Default "War" (1984)

Oh My God!

Parts of this are watchable but in general it's substandard and well below what YCDTOTV is capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by Molly Dolly View Post
    Oh My God!

Parts of this are watchable but in general it's substandard and well below what YCDTOTV is capable of.
    I have to agree. 1984 was a season with its share of clunkers (Politics, War) as well as classics (Technology). Some of them are really a chore to watch, honestly. Even the dumbest and grossest 1989 episodes were at least mildly amusing. To me 1984 is the most uneven season, though it may be the most popular overall.

I liked it, actually. And if they hadn't done the foxhole sketches, I never would have put a space shuttle in the "Outer Space" episode. I wouldn't have expected them to build a special one-off set if I hadn't seen them do it before.
    Robert A. Black, YCDTOTV writer 1985-86
    http://www.rablack.com

Ah yes... very tricky, those Argentinians...

Change Attendant Blip's Arkaid

I guess it depends how the episode had aged over the years compared to others. Some aged well but others not. However there might be some rare gems we didn't liked it first but we appreciated later. Let's not forget some YCDTOTV veterans had left when the 1984 episodes arrived. Brodie Osome, Martin Kerr didn't returned while Kevin Kubusheskie did one more lapse for the "Courage" episode (I don't count the uncredited cameos of Brodie and Kevin K. in the 86 "Crime and mysteries" as gangsters) as well as Luke McKeehan who did one more lapse for the "Technology" episode.

they couldn't have done a topic like "War" in 89-90 anyway as the show was now aimed at under-9s.