Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YCDTOTV on The Splat's first night

Default YCDTOTV on The Splat's first night

www.thesplat.com

Apparently they will be rerunning YCDTOTV for The Splat's first night of the programming block tomorrow (Oct 5). I don't know any details or what episodes will be played, but this could be a sign that all episodes will eventually be shown in the future. This is exciting!
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by slime2005 View Post
    www.thesplat.com

Apparently they will be rerunning YCDTOTV for The Splat's first night of the programming block tomorrow (Oct 5). I don't know any details or what episodes will be played, but this could be a sign that all episodes will eventually be shown in the future. This is exciting!
    Although I can watch any episode on YouTube now with the click of a mouse, it will be great to have it back on actual television, even if only for one night (and I'm assuming, based on fast-forwarding through the TeenNick schedule on my cable guide, that it will be for only one night). Between this, Clarissa and Salute Your Shorts, my DVR is going to be very busy this week. For what it's worth, the still show on the webpage is from Security and Self-Defense '89. I hope that doesn't mean only 1989-90 episodes will be shown.

My cable guide shows YCDTOTV on 10/5 from 10-11pm and 2-3am Eastern time on TeenNick. So it appears they'll be showing two episodes back to back. Not sure if they'll be the same two episodes in both time slots.

By the way, you get slimed for saying the magic words.
    Last edited by ChrisInMI; October 4th, 2015 at 09:15 PM.

I wonder if it will be cropped for widescreen?

Quote Originally Posted by Molly Dolly View Post
    I wonder if it will be cropped for widescreen?
    I doubt that.

The 2am showing will be a repeat. Apparently 2-6am is a repeat of 10pm-2am. And since the other shows are first episodes, they may air Work. It seems it's been so long since Nick played the show that they forgot they used to avoid the 1981 season. They were released on iTunes after all.
    Mark

Turns out it was indeed Work and Transportation, back to back. I guess the 1981s will be in rotation again if YCDTOTV is part of the regular lineup, nearly 30 years after the last Nick broadcast. Crazy.

It appears that there is a lot of positive response. I do think we'll see more reruns.
    Mark

Turns out it was indeed Work and Transportation, back to back. I guess the 1981s will be in rotation again if YCDTOTV is part of the regular lineup, nearly 30 years after the last Nick broadcast. Crazy.

It appears that there is a lot of positive response. I do think we'll see more reruns.
    I would have thought if it were going to be a one-night-only thing, they would have gone with Alanis Morissette episodes, like they did for Nick's 20th anniversary in 1999, or with mid-1980s episodes featuring Alasdair, Dougie and Vanessa as well as Moose and Lisa. The fact that they started with 1981 (which was a shock to me) suggests that they may be indeed planning to air more and going in chronological order.

It honestly kind of blew my mind watching the Roving Camera bits in Work and realizing that those were from the '79 season! I bet those kids who were interviewed had no inkling that their appearances would be seen by viewers in the United States even three years later, much less 36 years later.

Was it me though, or did they edit Moose's slime scene out of Transportation? Or was that one of the scenes that was cut in post-1983 airings in the original run? I didn't start watching the show until around 1988 so I never saw the '81s on Nick.
    Last edited by ChrisInMI; October 6th, 2015 at 12:44 AM.

Yeah, it seems that they only have access to the post 1983 edits.

Most likely they use the post 1983 edits for convenience - they are already edited for commercials - and also because getting fresh copies from the CJOH masters would mean an extra expense and long delay.

Looks like YCDTOTV has been officially added to their list of shows on The Splat's website and has its own page. It wasn't there before. I guess it's safe to say- our show is back on air, at long last. Hopefully the main page of YCDTOTV.com will be updated soon to spread the word.

No more having to watch them on 30 year old VHS tapes.
    Mark

I doubt that.

The 2am showing will be a repeat. Apparently 2-6am is a repeat of 10pm-2am. And since the other shows are first episodes, they may air Work. It seems it's been so long since Nick played the show that they forgot they used to avoid the 1981 season. They were released on iTunes after all.
    Why was that anyway? Why did they avoid that season? Seems round about the mid-80s they stopped showing it and seemed to love rerunning the 1984 eps. My memories of the '81 season were limited for that very reason. I know I mentioned elsewhere on the board that I definitely remembered Rodney and Angie, meaning I had to have watched '81 reruns. Also, what content did they cut from the 1981 eps and why post 1983?