Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is your favorite memory about YCDTOTV

Thumbs up

I remember watching YCDTOTV with my grandfather. I always got a kick out of the opposite sketches. I was in love with Lisa as well. There was just so many great things about the show.

Jason
    Marge: Homer, the plant called today and said that if you don't go in tomorrow, do bother coming in on Monday.

Homer: Whoo Hoo!! FOUR DAY WEEKEND!!

I loved seeing all the girls slimed. It was fun seeing the girls slimed. I would love to see a movie made and show it at the theatres.

Default What is your favorite memory about YCDTOTV

I have a lot of 'favorite memories' but I'll tell about some of my favorite scenes:
    My favorite episode was the Music ep with Alanis Morissette where Ross gave the 'Green Slimes' dinky instruments. "Alanis, you're the guitarist (gives her a ukelele); Stephanie, you're the horn player (gives her a kazoo); (I forgot who he gives the toy piano to...Vanessa?); and Christine, you're the drummer." (gives her bongos to play with); and they stomp on Alasdair's feet to get him to 'sing'.... hilarious!

Also, "Talking Movies" with Alasdair and Adam Reid was genius!

I also remember the promo for the 'new' (1989?) season: "The stupid old episodes of You Can't Do That on Television will not be seen in order that we may bring you the stupid NEW episodes of You Can't Do That on Television."

Jack
    "Water you gonna watch now?" (gets doused)

"I don't know" (gets slimed)

Cue Card Holder Link Set jakepeter11's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JillStanley View Post
    I loved seeing all the girls slimed. It was fun seeing the girls slimed. I would love to see a movie made and show it at the theatres.
    Why not the boys too?
    Can green slime be a different color?

Change Attendant Blip's Arkaid RadamusPrime's Avatar

Default Future DVD release???

Do you think PBS will ever release Don't Look Now? And has anyone here ever looked into it? I'd like to see that, too.
    "Multiple personality? They haven't got ANY personality on this show. Oh!"

Talking Favorite Memories

The big bird celebrity roast!!!

The group sliming at the end of justice and injustice
    The Slime Maker

Studio Audience Fan

Quote Originally Posted by DontEncourageHim View Post
    I forgot who he gives the toy piano to...Vanessa?
    Actually it was Adam Reid. Vanessa wasn't in that particular episode.

I remember my dad being disenchanted with Les's character Ross, especially since they had the same name. My brother and I used to watch this all the time, but I only got to watch it in the summer since that was the time I would visit my dad and he had cable and my mom did not.
    "I heard that!"

Mine would have to be the time Christine got slimed 5 times in one sketch, in the "Television" episode.

I distinctly remember watching the closing credits in 1983, and seeing that it was produced in Canada.

I should explain that I also watched the Johnny Carson show in those days, and he had recently had on one of his favorite guests, Rich Little, the most famous Canadian impressionist of his day.

Rich Little explained to Johnny that in the Canadian accent they did not say 'about', they said 'aboot'.

So the next day I listened carefully to the YCDTOTV actor's pronunciation.

To my surprise they seemed to use the word 'about' once or twice every sentence! And every other sentence seemed to be "At's what it's all aboot, eh?" At least the two Kevin's always said this.

To my ears what they said sounded more like "a-beyyyoot".
    ~(τΏτ)~