Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DVD Sets Buyer Beware of "nickclassics.com" Offer

Home Audience Fan

Default DVD Sets Buyer Beware of "nickclassics.com" Offer

I just purchased a set of "YCDTOTV" DVD's from nickclassics.com 10/06 and while I'm happy to have them I must warn you all that the quality is terrible. To give you an idea of the quality, imagine a VHS tape recorded in the super long play mode (8 hour) and divide by half. Many of the episodes have the first few seconds missing during the usually funny intros. It's pretty obvious that these DVD's were made from home recordings, some even have commercials. I'm sorry if I sound like a grumpy old man, but I would advise you to save your money until a "real" professional release is made of these great shows.

Most episodes in circulation are TV recordings. lol

But yeah, if the quality is terrible, people should know about it.

I would advise you to save your money until a "real" professional release is made of these great shows.
    Yeah, I WISH.
    Mark

Home Audience Fan

Default Thanks slime2006

Just sent a copy of my post to CJOTV (CTV) maybe a petition would help ? LOL

Home Audience Fan

Angry I wish I would have known that before I ordered.

That sucks!! I wish I would have known that before I ordered. I hope that this problem has been fixed,but it probably hasn't. I guess it's better than nothing,but the sets shouldn't be advertised as complete episodes with no commercials if that's no what they are. If Viacom had released the seasons like they were supposed to we wouldn't have to buy bootlegs

someone said it a while back in another thread - you can't put 130+ episodes onto 12 discs and expect anything more.. altho i will say this 12-disc set is distinctive in that it's not only squeezed onto waaay too few discs, but it also looks like it's been converted into files for a computer at some point along the way (wmvs, mpegs, etc), which has compounded the problem.. it's actually a shame cuz i've seen what a couple of these vhs recordings looked like before they were put on that set, and it's pretty nice quality, so they basically took nice B quality vhs recordings, and did everything possible that would degrade them to C- and worse.. i just don't understand why ppl do this.. i guess it's an attempt to be economical (i won't say cheap, but blank discs are only like 50 cents people), but most everybody i know would rather pay the extra for a good quality 30-disc set.. i just don't get it..

I wish people weren't so lazy these days and were still trading YCDTOTV episodes like they were back in the 90s up to around 2003.

Can you just imagine if DVD recorders existed back then and there would be hardly ANY generation loss after each copy??? We wouldn't have had to worry about quality much. I had to keep trading until I found good quality episodes. By now I have over 65 episodes from original tapes directly on DVD and others 2nd generation on VHS.
    Last edited by slime2005; November 12th, 2007 at 09:53 AM.
    Mark

yeah, i can vouch you have some of the best quality eps i've seen.. in fact, that reminds me i should pm you..

You have to admit, at least DVD's did come out, or the quality would have just gotten worse and worse, and eventually might stop working completely.

Default Free downloads of YCDTOTV

I found a site that has about 12 episodes of YCDTOTV plus a blooper reel from 1984 and 1985. The picture and sound are great. Then you can burn them to dvds and there are no commercials!

Quote Originally Posted by I was slimed View Post
    You have to admit, at least DVD's did come out, or the quality would have just gotten worse and worse, and eventually might stop working completely.
    the quality was fine.. it's the dvds that made the quality worse..