Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mr. Wizard's World on 8 DVDs...

Default Mr. Wizard's World on 8 DVDs...

Hardly anyone comes to this part of the board anymore, but I thought I'd post it anyway...

http://www.mrwizardstudios.com/mrwiz...d_mainpage.htm has 8 volumes of Mr. Wizard's World, each containing 4 episodes. They're very expensive, though.

So now that means the following shows aired on Nick are on DVD: Mr. Wizard's World, Ren and Stimpy, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Pete and Pete (seasons 1 & 2), Clarissa Explains It All (season 1), Dangermouse, and The Tomorrow People. Anything else I'm missing? This is a good start. More, more, MORE!
    Mark

Coin Slot Cleaner Blip's Arkaid slimeyboy's Avatar

sorry mr. wizard.. but $17-something for four eps is a rip-off.. wait.. were his eps 1/2 hour or 1 hour long?

I agree. It's why I'm holding off buying them, even though I would love to have them.

And they were 1/2 hour long on Nick. I'm sure they're the same on DVD, but someone correct me if I'm wrong...
    Mark

Coin Slot Cleaner Blip's Arkaid nona5000's Avatar

I have some sad news to report: Mr. Wizard died on Tuesday of bone cancer. Here's a link to the news story:

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=265522&GT1=7703

I never knew he was on the first episode of "Late Night with David Letterman" and I didn't know he was a WWII pilot.

Mr. Wizard was the man!

Super Moderator TheLockerMonster's Avatar

I just read this in today's paper - VERY sad. He will be greatly missed in the science world.

GSN does tributes to stars who passed away. Wouldn't it be nice if Nick (or even Nick at Nite) was able to do a night long tribute to Don Herbert by playing 6 or 8 old Mr Wizard's World episodes.

Rob
    Rob Homa
    Slime Society "Info Dude" since 1995!

Coin Slot Cleaner Blip's Arkaid nona5000's Avatar

Yeah, the other day I watched the marathon of "Match Game" since Charles Nelson Reilly died. I love Match Game!

But back to Mr. Wizard - my favorite episode was the one where he made an ant farm out of jars, plastic boxes and plastic tubing. And I still remember how to cut a hole in a piece of paper big enough to jump through. Remember the powder you can sprinkle over the water surface so that you can stick your hand in and it won't get wet? I can go on all day. I miss that show.

I thought about the very slim chance of Nickelodeon doing a tribute to Don Herbert by showing episodes of the show. I'm kind of keeping an eye out on some boards to see if they'll do it. I'm afraid if they do, it'll be unannounced and people will catch the tribute too late. It's possible, Nick can be *that* stupid.
    Mark

*sniff* We shall make vinega and baking soda volcanos in his honor.
    ----
    Quote Originally Posted by slimeyboy View Post
    sorry mr. wizard.. but $17-something for four eps is a rip-off.. wait.. were his eps 1/2 hour or 1 hour long?
    I don't think it's that bad, but that's probably more a reflection on the abuse we anime addicts take from the publishers...

Waiter at Barth's Barth's Burgery

It's not necessarilly stupid ... just one of the consequences of running a children's network. Nick has little reason to care about viewers from 5+ years before, they're just not going to be current viewers, no source of ratings revenuse ...

perfectly reasonable ... Except You Can't Do That on Television wasn't just an artifact of history.

Coin Slot Cleaner Blip's Arkaid slimeyboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurenai View Post
    I don't think it's that bad, but that's probably more a reflection on the abuse we anime addicts take from the publishers...
    it's not that great considering you can get an entire season of most 1/2 hour shows for that much..