Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introducing myself

Talking Introducing myself

Hey crazy ycdtotv fans,

Been lurking here for couple of weeks and finally found the courage to post.
    I loved watching ycdtotv back when; was a big fan of Christine (who wasn't?); and loved the goofy humor and character dynamics that were way beyond any kid's show back then. I've recently been re-aquainting myself with the show, downloading episodes from barthsburgery.com, and 'the kids' are like long-lost friends. The memories, and ahh, Christine.....*sigh*

Jack
    "Water you gonna watch now?" (gets doused)

"I don't know" (gets slimed)

Welcome! Never be afraid to post. I think we're a rather warm bunch, so we're always glad to hear your thoughts!

Rob
    Rob Homa
    Slime Society "Info Dude" since 1995!

Quote Originally Posted by TheLockerMonster View Post
    I think we're a rather warm bunch
    Nowadays, yes.

Welcome to the board! What years did you watch the show from? And yes, Christine is a doll!
    Mark

Home Audience Fan

I Guys and Gals!! I am new here and just thought I would stop buy and introduce myself! My Real Name is Jason and am a big fan of the show Well! From 81 to 86 anyway! After Lisa and Christine Left I kinda lost interest! They were what REALLY MADE the show!!!!

Default I'm new here!!!!!

Hi I just rediscovered this series. Wow have'nt seen it since the late 80's! really cool to see there's a fanbase..

Anyways my name is Isabella and I used to watch this show alot when I was in 6th grade. Watching it now seems alot more funnier for some reason,those jokes really stood the test of time. Moose was my favorite!!!! She was awesome. This show was punk rock way before I even started listening to punk.

Coin Slot Cleaner Blip's Arkaid

Wow, how neat!

Someone that I share something in common with.

I mostly remember watching Christine and Lisa (my favorite character) from 1982 to 86 as many chances that I could after school. I briefly recall watching the few shows that aired in '87, then totally lost interest until this website came along.

Matt

Cue Card Holder Link Set jakepeter11's Avatar

Default Well...

...I've been here (this website) for a bit and I'm new to YCDTOTV.

My real name is...

...cool huh?
    Can green slime be a different color?

Change Attendant Blip's Arkaid RadamusPrime's Avatar

Default Who? Me? Really? Wow!

Hey I think we're getting some posting action here! I knew the posting battle between Jakepeter11 & I would cause some good OL' boy trouble. Of course, I think I may have quickly forgot about the site without the Famous Old Ben LockerMonster &, "the Ricker." Blip's Arkade is a blast, too, though. I got into some good, past posts. Was totally excited by news of a Slimecon. Then, was tragically shot down and left to burn.<<I won't say who it was. I can tell you he is some type of representative, though. Also, he seems to be a cool cat, too!

I joined a couple months Ago. Glad to see all these new arrivals. Don't worry about posting. Don't worry about posting old news. We are new & need Posting Blood. Any questions can be answered by the Gunger of 13 yr. facts. Oh, remember to vote on all the polls. Especially, about the poll having a type of Slimecon in the States.

[COLOR="SeaGreen"]WELCOM[E/COLOR]
    "Multiple personality? They haven't got ANY personality on this show. Oh!"

Cue Card Holder Link Set jakepeter11's Avatar

HA HA, your hopes got shot down!
    Can green slime be a different color?

Instead of making a new thread I figured I'd just use this one. I'll put it back when I'm done.

I grew up watching YCDTOT. As weird as it sounds it had a big impact on my life in some ways. It's one of my earliest memories. I still think it deserves a lot more recognition than it gets.

Years later I eventually found a copy of "The Worst of" on VHS and was rather disappointed. I hoped they'd come out with the rest on VHS(and later DVD, but DVD wasn't really around at that time). It became obvious that it would never be given a proper home video release and at that time there didn't seem to be much information on the show(though this website was apparently around then), so while I've never "forgotten" the show I suppose it took a back burner to everything else.

I hadn't even thought to check YouTube and so forth. It was my girlfriend who found episodes on there, and watching them all again all I can say is that I was right to have memories of it as an excellent show. It confirmed my memories of it as being, at least in my mind, Monty Python for kids(though as a kid I wouldn't have made the comparison). I was actually surprised at some stuff they got away with!

It's nice to know there are others who love the show too. I spent so much time watching that show throughout my formative years(and beyond) that I felt like I knew some of these kids. It was like another world, not such a fanciful one but one that, as a kid, I could (almost) believe in. I'm sure most of us wanted to be on the show.

Of course over the intervening years certain parts of the show faded in my mind, but watching it again now... man. (Of course, it also reminds me how quickly the years go by - it doesn't seem like it was that long ago that I watched this show!)

Now I just have to find a way to go to Slime Con. Weird that of all the things I could do at my age, the thing I'd like best is to go to some kid's show convention and possibly meet old people from a show I watched 20+ years ago as a kid. Or maybe it's not weird.

Sorry if that was a long introduction, but I had a lot to say after all these years of being YCDTOT-less!