View Poll Results: Where should the next SLIMECON or any other YCDTOTV Convention be held?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Canada (again)

10 47.62%
  • Seattle, Washington of USA (just across the border to Canada)

7 33.33%
  • Another State in the USA

2 9.52%
  • Universal Studios California-Home of Nickelodeon Animation Studios

2 9.52%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Real Poll: Next Location of YCDTOTV should be located where?

Change Attendant Blip's Arkaid RadamusPrime's Avatar

Default Real Poll: Next Location of YCDTOTV should be located where?

Where should the next SLIMECON or any other YCDTOTV be located?

1. In Canada (again)

2. Seattle, WA (Just across the border of CANADA)

3. Another State in USA

4. Universal Studios California-Home of Nickelodeon Animation Studios

Cue Card Holder Link Set jakepeter11's Avatar

Go for Seattle!
    Can green slime be a different color?

Default Be nice!! & unauthorized convention checking

Jakepeter11 is one of the newest fans to YCDTOTV. He's working on pre-empts and stuff, too. I'm trying to get his brother to join, also. Welcome Jakepeter11 so that he can feel popular.

&

I got some prices from Seattle Pacific Science Center.

1 room--200 guests--$1,600--$8.00 ea. add. guest

2 room--400 guests--$3,200--$8.00 ea. add. guest

3 room--includes the outside Courtyard--600 guests--$4,800--$8.00 ea add

They are checking on allowing us to use a Blue/ green screen, too!

This is a good location. Downtown Seattle 2-3 hours from the Canadian Border. Each building area has either 1 exhibit (included) OR a great view of the Seattle Space Needle.

Also, I have sent a few emails inquiring getting a convention, awards ceremony, or a Festival.

I am trying to find out how to get a hold of, Mark Sommers, of Double Dare, to host the event. I may just be dreaming, but its nice to at least dream.

Fry Cook at Barth's Barth's Burgery Mr Agent's Avatar

Default Slimecon

it bothers me, and i dont quite know why it bothers me, that a person in the locker room wants to move slimecon to the states, bring in a famous person to host, and all but wipe out the canadian roots of the show. I mean I know that the majority of the fans are american, and god knows i thank them for it, but the show has its roots and those roots are firmly canadian
    Mr. Agent

Default Is it getting hot in hear OR is it the poster

Disclaimer: I am not trying to take away from Canada. If I joke, its only in good natured, YCDTOTV tradition.

The States is a perfect place for a convention! Why, you ask? In a few years, maybe less, Canada, United States, & Mexico will be identified as, The North American Region. The States have already signed this Treaty with Canada & Mexico. Money is going to be referred to as, The Amero. After all the US Bailouts are paid, the high inflation (though will be good for those who can retain their homes & jobs) will bring us all below the Euro. Also, the 10 Commandments (or as Adam Ried & God<<Les Lye>>put it, "the 11 Commandments) says to be good to your neighbors. Okay, I should be slimed for this one, but I don't know if that is a Commandment, or not.

Anyway, we need band together and reach out to Viacom & Nickelodeon. Something the size of SLIMECON & making a big deal about it, is the only way its going to happen. When these corporations think green, they think $$MONEY$$ not SLIME.

What do you think about that...Plus, we will need to inform the fans about everything YCDTOTV. Just think how stunned they'll be to find out that is a Canadian show. We will honor the fans, the Cast & crew, & give credit to Canada. CAN YOU DIG IT!?

Welcome Jake! And Radamus, thank you for the enthusiasm and ideas you bring to these forums It really is great to see! So I hope you won't mind my playing devil's advocate here, as far as your Seattle convention idea.

Seattle may be only 2-3 hours from the Canadian border, but is it safe to assume that many of the former cast members live in eastern Canada, since that's where the show was taped? Particularly the Ottawa and Toronto area. Out of curiosity, I just google-mapped the route from Seattle from Ottawa, and such a road trip is 2,857 miles (one way) and would take approx. 1 day and 19 hours. Even where I live, West Palm Beach, is only about half that distance to Ottawa Is it realistic for the former cast members to drive that long (or spend $ on a plane ticket) to their own convention?

If the show had been taped in, say Vancouver, BC, your Seattle idea would hold more wa... I mean, wet stuff.

Just some food for thought, but keep the ideas coming!
    Last edited by A. Nonymous; January 30th, 2009 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Vancouver not Victoria!
    Lisa: "Dad, my friends at school say you have no savoir faire"

Senator Prevert: "Subway fare?? Why would I need subway fare?? There are no subways in this city!"

Default I don't think that was slime you dropped on me

All I can say is, "Oh, Crap!"---Oop's! Can I say that on the website? That is a long distance to travel. So, your probably right. BUT, a branching out of sorts could be a great boost for the cause. We may have to settle for buying a plane ticket(s) to whoever we could get to come out. Going so far as paying for a nice Hotel and a food allowance, too. It wouldn't be bad to have even just one guest. Possibly, as you have SLIMECON over there, we could join you by internet video over here? (Not fair you have a devil's advocate icon. Where's my Angelic icon? Oh, talk about icons. I have seen & used a Pie in the Face icon on Yahoo Messenger. Can that be used here? I'd try it, but I lost my icon list. Import it, maybe?)

I think Indianapolis, Indiana should do it.

Cue Card Holder Link Set jakepeter11's Avatar

Why Indianapolis, Indiana? That's way to far from where they are.
    Can green slime be a different color?

Because it rules.