Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YCDTOTV.com updates

Administrator

Exclamation YCDTOTV.com updates

I hope you guys enjoy the changes made to YCDTOTV.com in honor of the show's 30th anniversary. There are a lot of improvements, but make sure you check out our new F.A.Q. and the rollover images in the answers. It's way cool!

While a lot of territory has been covered in the redesign, there are still more things that will be deployed soon.

Sections almost done but not quite there:

Spin-Offs & Homages
    • How'd This Get Online? - information about the show and every full-ep from the series
    • You Still Can't! - information and the full episode
    • You Can't Do That On Robot Chicken - information with screen caps
    • Other Roger Price Shows - we'll be reposting information about the other shows by Roger Price that we have
    Cast
    • SlimeCons - what it's about and which cast and crew attended
    • Newer pictures - while this isn't really a sub section, most of the cast pics will be replaced with new ones.
    • Videos - we're planning to having a video of each actor (if we have it) on their respective pages
    Multimedia
    • Videos - we have a nice batch of rare commercials, slime-in winners, and whatnots we'll be including
    • Photos - we some rarely seen images of YCDTOTV and promotional items
    • Comics - We'll be posting the few comics we have and returning those Flash cartoons I made using scenes from the show but in the likenesses of the cast from the comics.
    EPG
    • Rating and Comment System - this one isn't exactly quite almost done, but when it is, you'll be able to rate your favorite episodes and post comments about the shows like you can on blogs.
    In addition to those things, we're planning to get some new cast updates, interviews, and other neat things as we celebrate YCDTOTV's 30th anniversary. We'll update you guys as the new sections are complete. Also, no upgrade this size is without bugs, and because we developed in a test environment with a different folder structure than what is actually live, you may encounter broken link and/or bugs. I have created a new forum for reporting such issues here.
    Ric de Barros
    ric@ycdtotv.com
    YCDTOTV.com

I have a problem, however. I can't go anywhere except the main page. How can this be fixed?

Administrator

Exclamation

The site is currently optimized for IE7. There is a known issue with the menu in Firefox, Safari, and Chrome that I will look into. In the meantime, there are bigger buttons for sections at the bottom of the main page that will get you to subpages.
    Ric de Barros
    ric@ycdtotv.com
    YCDTOTV.com

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    There is a known issue with the menu in Firefox, Safari, and Chrome that I will look into.
    This issue should be rectified.

R
    Ric de Barros
    ric@ycdtotv.com
    YCDTOTV.com

Change Attendant Blip's Arkaid RadamusPrime's Avatar

Thumbs up Comment from the my Props Dept.

I just have to say that I am really liking the new threads. The colors are WILD! We are enjoying all the new games at BLIP's ARKAID. I am so looking forward to having all the episodes at the push of a button.I congratulate you Slime balls of the Slime Society.

Default Wait just a minute! Problem...

Where are the Highscore SQUARES by our names!? Come on you guys. You can't spare the squares. Can't you even give me a ply?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by RadamusPrime View Post
    Where are the Highscore SQUARES by our names!? Come on you guys. You can't spare the squares. Can't you even give me a ply?
    I never realized they weren't there anymore. I'll rework the code when I have more time.

R
    Ric de Barros
    ric@ycdtotv.com
    YCDTOTV.com

Cue Card Holder Link Set jakepeter11's Avatar

Thumbs down why you!

Quote Originally Posted by RadamusPrime View Post
    Radamus took what I said and posted it first (HOW RUDE!!!)

Where did the high-score squares go in the posts people post? Why would you take peoples acheivements away from the public eye on the posts in the boards?

-edited part

I was writing this when Ric was writing his.
    Can green slime be a different color?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by jakepeter11 View Post
    Where did the high-score squares go in the posts people post? Why would you take peoples acheivements away from the public eye on the posts in the boards?
    Remember the whole original post where I said that there would be bugs? This is one of them. I didn't wake up one morning and think, "how can I make the lives of those who play the games miserable?"

R
    Ric de Barros
    ric@ycdtotv.com
    YCDTOTV.com

Default Funny re-PLY

I don't know if RIC was joking or not, but his reply was FUN KNEE! Jakepeter11 takes his games pretty serious. So, this little bug was a travesty.