Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about the ycdtotv kids

Coin Slot Cleaner Blip's Arkaid

Quote Originally Posted by ugotslimed View Post
    actually I just saw a sketch from -i forget which year it was-but christine and lisa are in what appears to be the coffee break area-and they are complaining about the producers wife having taken half of everything-christine is complaing that there is only half a tea bag left -so perhaps-(unless we know for a fact moose was a coffee drinker when she was a teenager)-in the pic i saw-maybe she was having tea.
    Actually this is the only sketch I ever saw in the coffee area. Was that area ever used otherwise?
    Yeah, the coffee break area was used quite a lot during YCDTOTV's run, even in the early episodes. Maybe not in every episode, but they did make use of it. As BBOvenGuy stated, if it's already there, use it!

BTW, the episode you referenced was the Divorce episode from 1984.

Quote Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
    Yes, it was coffee. That was the real coffee break area in the studio. Hey, why create a set when you can just use what's already there, right?

Remember that YCDTOTV was made in Canada, and coffee is the most popular drink in Canada, or at least it was in the 1980s. I was there in the summer of 1985, when the whole "New Coke" fiasco was going on in the US, and the Canadian news reporters were almost laughing on camera about the fuss Americans were making over soda pop.
    How did christine take her coffee? with slime? That might have tasted good actually. Or possibly she would have it with a side of pie?-in the face that is!
    I would hate to see what happened to her when they asked her if she wanted one lump or two. (the 16 tons maybe? or a mallet over the head?)

its so unusual to read the discussions like this!

Quote Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
    Yes, it was coffee. That was the real coffee break area in the studio. Hey, why create a set when you can just use what's already there, right?

Remember that YCDTOTV was made in Canada, and coffee is the most popular drink in Canada, or at least it was in the 1980s. I was there in the summer of 1985, when the whole "New Coke" fiasco was going on in the US, and the Canadian news reporters were almost laughing on camera about the fuss Americans were making over soda pop.
    -do u remember if christine usually drank a lot of coffee on set or during breaks? I ask this question because in the other scene we were discussing they incorporate her getting a cup of coffee when angry allisdair dumps it on her.

Coffee is Canada's "national drink." Drinking it was so common that I never really paid attention to who was and who wasn't, but Christine probably did from time to time.
    Robert A. Black, YCDTOTV writer 1985-86
    http://www.rablack.com

Ah yes... very tricky, those Argentinians...

I was watching a really old 1981 episode called "Work" and it reminded me of this thread. There is a scene where one of the kids is talking to Lisa about how he's tired and "really needs this coffee"-then says "whered you get this coffee-it tastes like mud!" to which Ross replies "It should, it was ground this morning" -makes me wonder, do kids that young in Canada really drink coffee? ( because its the "national drink") Or is that part of the mythology of the show like " we're the bad show so we let kids drink coffee" ? As I
    ve mentioned in the past I saw Moose drinking it a lot-but shes like 20 at the time. The kid in this clip was like ten! I know nobody cares about this topic but me, but I just find it weird.